or Connect

Posts by bwaslo

I believe the Celestion TF1525 would also work in this design. http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=294-2084 But it's almost double the price and only 70% the Xmax...., yeah, you should have hurried. Still, not bad for a $100 driver.
It shouldn't change the crossover design at all. Other than a slight difference in low end coverage between the compression drivers and perhaps manufacturing consistency (which Erich pretty much nullifies by pre-measuring each driver), the two match very closely. As does the DE250, for that matter.
Look up Minidsp in the Omnimic Help. The OM already can generate files for direct loading to MiniDSP, can figure the EQ and everything. I get the feeling that not many users look into the Help manual to see all the things the software can do. It's worth it to take a look.
after you add CD Compensation it will.be more like 98 dB. BTW it works great withthe Celestion 15" Pro wooferthat PE has on buyout.
It gets jaggly down low because the software has to allow reflections in at lower frequencies to get anything. you can't measure a 250hz response without looking for at least 1/250 of a second (the period of 1cycle)... and really about 3x that for a decent measurement. So some reflections are going to get in over that time unless you are outside or doing some other setup tricks. Omnimic can window out reflections at higher frequencies but physics wont let you at lower...
I guess a lot of noise has been inspired by interpretations of my rough-looking, in-box, in-room plot of a SEOS12 during design of the 'Designer 10' speaker: Not as nice as something that's a little smoother-looking such as this one: Or, better yet, something more like this beauty: I'm sure some of you, but apparently not all, can see what I'm doing here: ...guys, those plots are all of the same data. If you squash a frequency response graph horizontally (like in...
For the record, Geddes also pays little attention to acoustic loading, even as far as saying it is irrelevant. This is hifi, not PA work - getting every last bit of sensitivity with mega power handling isn't a priority. Directivity is, though. Back when SEOS was being specified, I remember more reference to Geddes than to econowave (though the arguments for using non round shapes, from econowave , were always there). But in equally well designed systems using either...
You have to watch out, not just for the low crossover point as tuxedocivic points out, but also some of the SEOS designs have relatively gentle crossover slopes. If the designer mentions how smooth or linear the phase response is, generally that implies gentle slopes! That works just fine in homes, but is less protection for the tweeters when faced with the kind of abuse that pro speakers tend to get.
Just tell the wife that they are new sinks for the bathroom... yeah, that's the ticket!
One way to do the grille is to cut some thin masonite , add holes where drivers are, mount some neo magnets (Parts Express has some sets made for this) in the corners, glued inside small corners. Stretch cloth across the board, wrap over the edges and tape or glue to its back. Mount matching magnets, epoxied in shallow holes on the baffle. Grille then just snaps on or off and self aligns. Can look really nice and is thin enough to not bother sound much.