or Connect

Posts by bwaslo

A way to avoid errors is to take the schematic and put a letter on each point where a component connects to another. All grounds are "A", all connections that are on the same wire get the same letter (B,C,etc)- including drivers and input terminals. When assembling think in terms of connections not parts. At connection "X" , check against the schematic to make sure all parts connected are there and none that shouldn't be: 'X connects to C4, R2, L4 and the tweeter...
I'm pretty sure a different crossover will be needed. The plan is that Erich's going to put the drivers into a suitable box and I'm going to do the crossover. Hope to get actual measurements now that the weather is warming up.
zThe "direct" sound should follow the 6dB per double distance law, after you get a few feet from the baffle. Reflections will change things though. My measurements were made outdoors largely reflection-free. HopefulFred, I don't think you want to aim for "equal SPL". The direct path SPL from the furthest speaker needs to be higher than the SPL from the nearer speaker, assuming the goal is to have a stable image. Precedence effect will cause the sound to appear to come...
pbc,The SEOS builds with black cabinet and a dark grill over the woofer can look pretty sexy, too. (Or no grill for those who are into nekkid speakers).Erich -Copper is maybe a bad idea. When copper gets old, it tends to turn ugly green unless it is really well coated (and even then). If you want a coppery color, perhaps aluminum with a "gold alodyne" finish would be better.
no, those two look fine. imagine flux lines streaming out through the center hole of one coil. what you don't want is for them to easily stream through the center of the other coil from one side. in your arrangement any flux from one coil wouldn't easily enter the other and any that does would enter equally from either end of the hole. So coupling would be nil.
That would be working from the other way. It is assumed (in what I described) that both drivers are mounted where they will stay and you're trying to get their depth difference relationship into PCD for proper crossover simulation.If you have measurements that include true phase and delay, you wouldn't have to do that, it would be all accounted for in the phase measurement. Praxis and LAUD worked that way, and I think REW can work that way (if you've got a cooperative...
About z-axis alignment : If you're using a measuring setup other than omnimic (or even if it is OM) and ARE using PCD, you can align via Jeff Bagby's method. Set the Mic on the desired axis and then measure three times: woofer-only, tweeter only, and both together. You need phase responses so if your measuring setup doesn't give that, use a hilbert process to generate it for woofer and for tweeter. Then import both tweeter and woofer files into PCD, disable crossovers...
CountryWV, Wondering why you'd want the FG rather than the plastic? I don't think the FG does anything better than plastic that I know of anyway.
The SEOS12 will put the tweeter more forward than the SEOS15 so the lobe would point downward where the tweeter highs would be rolling off (only 50 degree angle vertically). Probably not a good fit, would. need a different crossover design.
(delete duplicate post )