or Connect

Posts by cathoderaytube

yeah, seemed to me too that the voice level was way lower than the effects.
I ran the app this week and it says the service is ending on March 31. Too bad, although clips are only 1-6 minutes each, it has a it has a lot of them, movie trailers, world heritage sites, wildlife, sports, music videos, etc. a wide variety of cool content. Here's a list made some time ago, with over 6 hours total. http://sonyfanatic.com/3d-experience/ I wonder how many owners of Sony TVs and Bluray players even knew this existed. It would have helped if this were...
Yes, it's a very good idea to adjust this and keep it adjusted to minimize eye strain. But to fix your older pictures, or align hyper-stereo images you took, or even to improve pictures with the axis adjusted (images may still be rotated, etc. with respect to one another) you can use Stereo Photo Maker to auto align. As a habit, I batch align all my W3 images before I view them. I wrote up the steps I use to auto align and view them on the Playstation 3. It may look...
Not good at reviews, but house of wax had good 3D, with some nice gratuitous popout like the infamous paddleball scene. I plan on buying it on blu-ray to see again.   The early 3D movies weren't as restrained as today's weak 3d (small d) movies.  Really liked Hondo, they did a beautiful digital restoration, unfortunately no plans to put on blu-ray.  John Wayne was such a mensch. Saw some old 3D cartoons, wasn't too impressed with Disney's Melody though. Didn't see It came...
I'm pretty sure it's not 60fps but 30fps, in 2D and 3D.  For example, in 2D or 3D, when you move the cat, it appears as a double image (ghosted), like in a 30fps driving game when you turn near a phone pole you see two poles, i.e. temporal aliasing.For the 3D, it has a "cardboard cutout" or "embossed" look, separate layers, even on round or tapered objects, and depth glitches.  They apparently did not render for each eye separately but used the z-buffer to do post...
Went to the expo this weekend and saw lots of fantastic 3D.  Classic movies like Hondo beautifully restored, animation, rarities both digital and film. It runs through next weekend, if you can get to the LA area and like 3D you must go. This festival doesn't happen every year, some things you may never see again. Tickets now are not online but at the door only, however none of the shows I went to were sold out, you should get a good seat if you go early.
As for the length, LOTR was three books, three movies, but they still left out a lot: Tom Bombadil, the Barrow Downs, the Scouring of the Shire, etc. The audio book of reading the Hobbit runs 11 hours. With the stories in the LOTR appendices, and other sources, there's plenty of material for 3 Hobbit movies. As for HFR 3D, the 3D blu ray spec supports only 24fps for 1080p, but it supports 60fps for 720p. If 24fps film or 50fps PAL can be converted to 60fps video, I...
Here is a 3D video I recorded of Brian May (left) being interviewed about 3D tv and movies by Ray Zone at the National Stereoscopic Association 3D-Con in Costa Mesa, California. July 28, 2012. I knew it wouldn't turn out so great because of low light and no tripod, but I thought I'd try a few clips. I recorded it with a Fujifilm 3D W3 camera, converted and aligned it in Stereo Video Maker, and edited it in iMovie. Sorry about the shaky camera, I tried stabilizing it in...
The IMAX movie "Emergency 3D" has notable popout, like a guy on a fire ladder popping way out of the screen. Has a lots of good strong 3D action scenes such as troops jumping out of huge transport jets, helicopters landing in water, dramatic and emotional 3d footage from the earthquake in Haiti. Some of it may be too strong 3D, such as half of the inside of a hospital tent popping out, some scenes were 2d or too distant to show depth, but it was one of the more...
Saw it at midnight at AMC Mercado in Santa Clara, CA. IMAX 3D HFR. Got a seat about half way between back and front, but had to sit on the very side. Really enjoyed and fascinated by the 48fps presentation. Some of the beginning shots did start to give me motion sickness, but this quickly subsided. I would blame the camera movements rather than the high frame rate, the swooping zooming camera moves were more realistic in 48fps, it's something movie makers will have to...