or Connect

Posts by cwt

Early versions with the hdmi1.3 input seem to be more problematic Been ; ask if the ''latest version '' means its had its hdmi board replaced with the hdmi1.4 version Handy for 3d pass through if necessary too If your put off by the hdmi locking on speed missing initial notes [ I wasn't ] I was happy with mine until I sold it and found an emo 200 sounded equally fine to me Coincidentally it's got the identical dual core cs 40970 chipset as the 11a . There's a...
Have a look at the slope of the rolloff of your mains and surrounds eg if say your mains were 50-20khz [-3db 40hz] that would be a shallower rolloff than 50-20khz [- 6db 40hz ] . With the former you can set the high pass filter a bit lower and sharper [24db slope ] as it's got better extension It sort of follows that this can match you're mains and subwoofer rolloffs closer and you would be starting [ before using peq] from less of a suckout in the crossover region...
That depends on the rolloff response of your satellites and sub nathan ; 24db filters can mean a narrower frequency rolloff gap between hi pass and low pass filters which depending on the rolloffs can mean a flatter overall frequency response . It's a rare option and worth experimenting with 12db being a slower shallower rolloff is what you're stuck with a lot of cheaper ce gear ; 24db can use more of a speakers lf extension if it's got it
Your logic makes sense imo ; it's analogous to people being happy enough playing dvd's on all those 2k sets out there sadly ; the latest impression from NAB is that 4k bd is at least a year probably more away - that compounds things possibly depending on hdmi standards for present uhdtv's and what the bda settle on I was thinking
That's rather ironic ; the one perk we get from buying from amazon uk for instance and not the US is when they take the VAT off Our glorious leader though is under pressure from the retailers to ditch the no gst [ goods and services tax ] for any imports under $1000 we currently enjoy . But bureaucracies cost money so its revenue neutral luckily .I think they can get too enthusiastic about certain products and its too their detriment ; I have read they used to...
As I said Keith ; ime a realist ; if it takes a bit longer to improve the product I have patience ; when they announced 2 hdmi outs as the reason for no feb 14 the xmc1 came back into consideration as it did for many others . I don't think it a stretch at all to take any of the other dates as rough ideas only when there expanding into new premises or bringing production back to the US just commonsense to consider these facts so you're not traumatized by a delay if...
What he said was easily comprehensible ;he said quote '' youlle see the back orders start knocking down very quickly in June'' .You have taken this out of context as he said in the sentence before there will be a large production run in May . Its obvious ''knocking down very quickly is a reference to ramping up production even more as he also said ;at least to me .Heres another hint I took on board ;when they say '' we EXPECT to be shipping the 1st xmc1's in March '' its...
Rest assured Seegs Ron is correct ;Ive got about 50 3d blurays and the vast majority have a separate 2d bd even the lesser titles like Immortals or The Three Musketeers . A few early ones didnt like piranha 3d but many also are combos with ultraviolet copies and dvd versions thrown in too as mentioned ..
I suggest you stream the podcast and make up your own mind ; that's only fair ; they plainly say there is a production run in May ; April is when they put together just a few in engineeringhttp://emotiva.com/news/index.php/category/podcasts/
I give up mate ;either you believe them or not ; I give the benefit of the doubt to make good on what they said ; until such times as they dont deliver - each to their own I guess .Btw I have buckets of patience being happy with a pt7030 and I imagine you arent interested in one at all as most would welcome any news on the xmc1 as most do when anticipating a new pre pro - its almost the best part of a purchase imho Similarly when the 2nd hdmi output and the upgrade of...