or Connect

Posts by alluringreality

Like zoyd commented, I was just questioning if you have watched the RGB numbers that I posted yesterday when increasing the contrast control. Generally at some point the red, green, or blue numbers will hit a maximum when increasing contrast. I'm not clear on what you're using to choose a contrast setting, but generally LCD-based displays have a maximum contrast setting, where increasing contrast further may not provide any brighter output of red, green, or blue for the...
I would guess that Samsung's service menu might be similar to Sony, where service menu settings like subcontrast effectively modify the user menu contrast setting. If you're wanting to compare user menu contrast settings, it's possible that you might actually have a much higher contrast setting after having changed the service menu. At least on my Sonys, the user menu settings are pointless when changing the service menu, since user menu settings of 50 or 100 could...
If the measurements are accurate, a falling gamma near white is not ideal, but your measurements seem peculiar to me. Typically on an LCD display adjusting the contrast control would usually change the Y value of the 100% measurement, but the posted 68 & 75 contrast settings indicate an almost identical Y measurement for 100% at around 97. I don't know how much measurement variation the TV has, but it looks like only blue changed by much more than 1% for the 100%...
Yeah, I tried when it opened and while it was still showing available, but it wouldn't ever place the order with the one click or preorder buttons.
Google seems to indicate the setting is intended to output 24 frames per second video, which is basically how the majority of the video is encoded. Assuming the display allows that input, I really don't have too many guesses. This sort of thing hasn't been reported before, but not everyone has a compatible display for that sort of output. I suppose It could be a comparability issue between the player and disc with DVD media. There have been a couple issues reported that...
My TV doesn't even remotely have enough range to take colors out of the grayscale, so no it certainly doesn't work on my TV, but I don't know how things might compare on a TV that has a greater range for grayscale controls.
Generally displays create gray by combining red, green, and blue. On some TVs one of the colors - either red, green, or blue - may run out before the other colors. If one color runs out before the others there will be a change in the shade of gray near the brightest white, which is typically called a color shift.The 244 recommendation is simply conservative to attempt to keep most color shift above reference white. Generally where white stops flashing there may be some...
There have been a couple replies in the thread where other people have posted images. The download count was so low on the disc graphics that I didn't bother updating them for version 2. I think the psd from the 7-zip compressed file linked below was probably the template for what I had previously posted. 7-zip can decompress the file, and something like Gimp should be able to open a .psd file.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8968806/Images.7z
Misc pattern A4 - Color Clipping from the manual generally is intended to look at this by eye, or measurements can be used to find how the colors in the grayscale may begin to diverge at higher contrast settings.
The video doesn't conform to these specifications. Most of the video is 1920x1080 at 23.976 frames per second.