or Connect

Posts by Viperhawke

Hi, I hope this is an okay area to post this, if not please inform me where I should post or mods please feel free to move it, thank you! Okay, I have a GV42L that met a baseball, friend's son as I said "not in that room!." Now that part of the screen is smashed but otherwise works great. Well I've found another GV42L locally which has a perfect screen, but mainboard isn't working right, so the owner sold it to me for a couple hundred! So now I would like to swap LCDs....
$308.51 shipped for 135" 16:9 Motorized Screen and RF Remote. Good deal? Saw some name brand ones for around $400 a few mins ago but closed window by accident, GRR.
Thanks for the quick response! Well I don't have a PJ yet because I don't have a screen yet. I was advised to get a screen first and then look for a PJ to match. I have sufficient space for the screen and any PJ I want but I have no idea what I should get. I do know that I will be watching HD content, and pc gaming on it. 135" Unreal Tournament 3 yay!! Of course I'll only be using it at night due to the amount of light in the room. For daytime use I have a 50" plasma in...
Anyone know if their shipping quote on the 135" 16:9 is reasonable? I'm in Orlando, FL and they are asking $77.01, or about 39% more for a total of $275.04. Would it be cheaper if some kind person nearby their warehouse picked it up and shipped it? Should I look at a higher quality screen if I'm in the $300 range already? Help please! Thanks again everyone! EDIT: Just found this screen, thoughts as compared to monoprice 135? other than monoprice is a 16:9. Guess no...
Is it just me or have the prices on all their screens gone up? Anyone remember what the prices for each size screen were when this thread was first posted??
So basically, according to the chart and the picture next to it, I need to flip this pj on its back to get the proper offset? It seems as though I will need to have the pj ~21inches below the screen, or in my case flip it to make that 21 inches Above my screen? I think I'm either thinking correctly or completely confused.
The projector calculator doesn't tell me how high to mount the projector. To make sure I have this right, throw is the distance from the pj lens to the screen right? Any other terms I should know? I know the screen has a gain of 1.0. Thanks
But how crisp will it be at that size?
Hi, I need a recommendation for a projector that will be used on a 135" screen (or should I use the 108"?). The screens will be either size but will be the monoprice electric ones. This will only be used for night viewing of HD content, dvds, computer-inputs, etc. A plasma will be mounted behind the screen for day-time use. The ceilings are just higher than 9ft and the projector will be ceiling mounted about 13ft from the screen's location. The room also has many...
Yup, thank you very much. Width is ~105" Depth is 3 1/4" Height is 4" These are the dimensions of the outside case of the 108" screen for all who care to know! Thanks to tmcquitty! If anyone has the info, how long is the screen from the top of the "drop" to the bottom? Thanks. Anyone dealing with the 135"? I think I'm gonna get that one but I don't know when they'll have it in stock, plus, I have no clue of the distance I need to project on a screen that big. Nor do I...