or Connect

Posts by terry j

jn, you like playing in the far field, and with big toys, what struck me just now (dunno why it flashed into me 'ead) was curiosity about your view (with the benefit of many years of progress) of Tesla. I think towards the end the poor fellow went nuts and displayed some of the usual old timers traits (longing for and ruing past missed opportunities), but during his prime he was surely far and away more advanced than any of his cohort. From current scientific/engineering...
TBH, what I meant was the 'internal, mental' benefits of having a procedure, rather than any merits of the procedure per se. So the person, who might otherwise be clueless (not suggesting or casting aspersions at all) goes from a condition of 'what the fvck do I do now?' to the much preferable condition of being able to do something. At the very least he feels he is 'doing' as opposed to wondering, and now has a feeling of being in control.To the degree that he attributes...
Have never tried that method. Have heard of it tho.Still, let's say it finds where the voice sounds best. But, it is judged from the speaker position.Where will you be listening from? Why do you extrapolate that it sounds best from the LP too?At the very least, have the judging of neutrality done by someone at the LP surely.I am not bagging that method, perhaps what is best about it is that it is a method. That surely trumps randomness.
thanks bigus..you got me at a disadvantage as I don't know your name, unless bigus is your given name and your surname is the same as on The Life of Brian? Tone is a good word, esp in an audio forum no? And as we all know, one persons tone is another's horrid noisy mess haha. Anyway, I am certain you have the point I was making, all too often lingering upsets or past disputes colour the reception. When that occurs the baby is often thrown out with the water. It worsens...
why is the default position whenever amir does a 'body of work', as in his last post for example, to criticise and or demean? There seems to always be attributed to it some sort of ulterior motive. I mean I don't know the guy at all, maybe he DOES only do it to 'win an argument' because he is pathologically incapable of being in error, but maybe, just maybe, he has an interest and is willing to investigate? Agree or disagree, view it rationally or with bias as a result...
Ahhah, thanks, but save your pity for me heh hehe.Nah, don't have a short fuse but when appropriate, as it is here, I have zero problems pointing out when someone is being a hypocrite.Now, you gonna man up and answer the question?
hey. How about instead of you continually throwing up whatever little thing pops into your head, AND expecting us to answer you at first have the decency and courtesy to answer the questions we ask of you?You bloody hypocrite. You have the gall to expect answers to come to you yet all the time ignore what is asked of you.Better yet, instead of pontificating from the sidelines you get of your arse and actually do the test. For all you know, you might just find the answers...
double post, sorry
Many possible reasons, and there are some basic 'problems' with the formulation of your question.Firstly, as chu mentioned, ARE these opinions formulated in a vacuum? Are they as independent as you suspect? I'd argue 'not even close'.How did you buy your amplifier? I doubt you just bought it completely at random. So then, why did you buy it? Because (from somewhere, and almost an infinite number of possible places) 'it drives the load', or is a 'good match' to your...
Dang, we've been found out.Nope, no-one here has done these tests, not a single dashed one of us.Man, we was hopin we'd sneak thru, but boy you up and got us good.You have? Well that's excellent! Sounds like you passed that dbt then, so spill the beans and let us all know.You sly crafty fox, playing with us all this time! Linking to letters (man, I wasted two minutes of my life reading a letter for gods sake that proofs dbts are flawed) when all along YOU have done this...