or Connect

Posts by Cap'n Preshoot

My kneejerk guess would be the amplifier, irrespective of the fact that you say the TV does not appear to have been affected. You have to take into consideration that many modern TVs have fairly sensitive front-ends on them, possibly good enough to suffer a dramatic drop in gain from the amp and still give a good picture.. Barring an amplifier problem, I would look for moisture inside the coax fitting(s) at the antenna (including Balun, if equipped) or at the ground...
One fine point of clarification here. Your HOA CAN recommend or suggest what they consider "preferred" locations for your OTA antenna and you might be required to use their preferred location for the antenna so long as doing so does not increase your installation cost or cause unreasonable delay.The HOA also CANNOT require you to get permission of the architectural control committee, or pay a fee, or fill out any forms.There are also some other restrictions that your HOA...
The National Electrical Code actually has specifications for this, though I cannot quote the specific article number. Basically you are supposed to have an EARTH GROUND at the point of penetration/entry to the residence. If you wish to then trench over and connect this new "ground" to your electrical ground, all the better, but doing so does not eliminate the requirement of a dedicated ground at the point of entry. You are allowed to share this ground with other...
Argghhhh! Okay, done. Actually that makes sense after a firmware update.Hopefully this will solve the error msg.I saw another post on another site that suggested simply resetting your time & date would do it. (Supposedly that recommendation came from Samsung) though I did not try it.
Will give it a try.Notably the error message started yesterday, before performing the update.I'll try going through the self diagnosis menu and a reset then cold restart (assume that will wipe my settings)
Since the 1047 update was posted for download my 65ES8000 has periodically been displaying a network error message, "Error_model_bind" I check the network settings, all OK, even went through & re-detected the wireless AP and settings, etc., again all OK. I next performed the 1047 firmware update, allowing it to complete & automatically power-cycle the TV. Still no joy, as the error message is still periodically appearing. I've also noticed that our two TIVO universal...
If you could, you would have to power-off and restart the display from scratch each time for it to load the different firmware, thus making A:B comparisons all but impossible.
Anyone have a summary of what FW rls 1046 gives us (or fixed)?
If you've never owned an edge-lit LED display before, possibly the greatest difference you will (or may) notice is that the Sammy has a considerably narrower viewing angle. Off-axis viewing (greater than about 15~20 degrees) you will begin to notice some washing-out of colors, especially on flesh tones. Not a problem if you plan to do all your watching directly in front of it. The 65" model also has banding issues in every one I have seen, some less, some more, but...
Huh????Ours came from BB (Magnolia center inside BB) and it was a factory-sealed carton.Most mailorder houses are a little queer about returns, insisting that you use an outer box, so as not so plaster shipping labels all over the original factory carton (Ergo allowing them to resell it, especially if it comes back as "no trouble found" (as they sometimes do). Return shipping on gigantic boxes is a major pain, which is why I won't buy major items mailorder. They also want...