or Connect

Posts by eonibm

Sorry, I'd be looking at a 65" and another 50".
This may not be the right forum to post this but I am not sure which. I have 2 Panny plasmas, a 5-yr old 50" and a 3-yr old 65" both of which I love. I'll be getting another screen later this year after the stock of existing Panny's are likely gone. So, I am curious, given this and that CES 2014 is almost over, is the Panny plasma forum, what Panny lovers feel is the next best screen to a Panny plasma. Does one switch to one of the few remaining plasma suppliers or go...
Thanks. Unfortunately (or fortunately!) I live in Toronto, Canada and that deal is not available up here. I could get them when I am in Buffalo, NY next, but if I don't like them it's inconvenient to return them to Costco US. I think likely I'd rather spend $100 or so on either the Foscam or Uqibuiti Aircam ones and just bite the bullet if I don't like it rather than be stuck with spending more money.
I take it no one knows a source that I can order the blinds from?
Thanks. The Aircam looks like great value for the price of $100 each for 720p outdoor/indoor. Some online reviews complain about the picture quality and software, but coming from nothing I am sure I'll be happy with the picture. Also, some say just to get Blue Iris software if one doesn't like the software that comes with it. But, it seems it does not have night vision capability which may not be an issue if the motion detector turns on the front door light when someone...
I'm looking for a recommendation for a good quality but reasonably-priced wired or wireless IP colour outdoor camera that works at night where the image can be viewed through a browser (on a computer, iPhone, iPad, etc). This is for a residential application to see who is at the front door when someone rings the doorbell (audio is going to be provided by the Logenex audio-only Teledoorbell). I've looked at the Grandstream GXV3672_HD but it seems expensive at $349. I've...
delete please
Hi, I am a contractor and have prewired an entire home for 10 sets of Lutron Sivoia QS or QS Wireless Roller Shades, a QS Smart Panel power supply and some keypads and remotes. I was going to use QED but Lutron tells me they are eventually going to be phased out and also that the QS motors are 24V DC and so have a longer life than the QED's 24V AC motor. I know exactly what I need, am very familiar with the shades and programming and my company will be doing the install....
Just measured and my eyes are 11' from my 65". Can't move it closer because it's in a cabinet and the furniture is laid out a certain way. I could easily go to 70" or maybe even 75" especially since I am in a huge great room and watch it from the dining and kitchen areas too.
And what do you think that size will be priced at? The Panny 85" has 71% larger screen area and sells discounted for about 7x the price of the high-end Panny 65". The 70" would have 16% more screen area and interpolating the sizes (just for a cludgy estimate) make it about $10,000. Merely increasing the price by the screen area (also a pretty cludgy estimate) yields about $4,700. Taking an average of the two prices it would be about $7,300, which seems high. Anyway, how...