or Connect

Posts by WSR35

Just bought the LS4500 on Saturday and like the picture so far. However, I have a question on the Contrast setting. I bought the Disney WOW DVD and tried adjusting the picture today. On the Contrast setting, they prompt you to adjust the Contrast until the vertical bar on the right is contrasted slightly from the white portion of the screen. However, when I tried to make the adjustment, the right vertical bars do not appear at all; it's exactly the same as the middle...
We are in the middle of a kitchen rehab and other upgrades around our house. One of the upgrades is adding ceiling speakers, which are only intended to provide background music in the selected locations. Our house is relatively small (~ 2,000 sq. ft.), so I believe my initial speaker locations are sufficient, but I would like your advice. The 14awg speaker wires will be installed Monday, so I hope to get some good information before then. The speakers are 6.5" and...
So, do you all believe that ALL X360s will fail, as opposed to the PS3 and Wii? If so, that is too bad as I actually like it better - as a gaming platform - than my PS3.
Thanks for the info. Where can I get it repaired for $40? M$ told me it would cost about $120 to fix (but that may have included shipping).
My launch XBOX 360 recently started displaying no video, although it does have audio. I changed the cables and determined that is not the problem. M$ advised me it is no longer under warranty, so I either buy a new one or fix it myself. Is there a reliable fix to this issue or should I ditch it and buy a new Arcade (and keep my hard drive)? I have found fixes on the internet, but they are $30 or so and there is no guarantee that it would work long term. Any advice...
My launch XBOX 360 recently started displaying no video, although it does have audio. I changed the cables and determined that is not the problem. M$ advised me it is no longer under warranty, so I either buy a new one or fix it myself. Is there a reliable fix to this issue or should I ditch it and buy a new Arcade (and keep my hard drive)? I have found fixes on the internet, but they are $30 or so and there is no guarantee that it would work long term. Any advice...
My bulb died after 2.5 years on my KDF-50E2000. Where is the best place to buy a replacement bulb? Thanks.
My bulb died after 2.5 years on my KDF-50E2000. Where is the best place to buy a replacement bulb? Thanks. EDIT: I have a followup question after researching this some. There are a variety of bulbs available, but does it make sense to buy the original Sony bulb. Sony's bulb is rated for 2,000 hours, while a Philips bulb is rated for 6,000 hours. Sony's bulb (with the housing) is more expensive, while the Philips is less expensive w/o the housing. Any suggestions...
After a rough start, I'm pretty happy with my U-Verse service. Does anyone know when/if MLB Network will be added to the lineup? If not, do you know who I should contact to request the channel? The Customer Service reps have been no help at all. Thanks!
Ah, I get it. If that is the tact AT&T uses, then I may have to switch to another provider.