or Connect

Posts by Ghengis042

I made a post in the A/V Distribution forum, but this seemed appropriate as well. Copied below: -- I've been trying to set myself up with some good wireless headphones for a while now. Ideally I'd like to get one pair, and use it with a bunch of different devices, including potentially: * TV * game consoles (PS3, 360, etc) * PC * Phone (Android, iPhone) and it seems like the no-brainer common denominator will probably be Bluetooth. However, there's a...
I've been trying to set myself up with some good wireless headphones for a while now. Ideally I'd like to get one pair, and use it with a bunch of different devices, including potentially: * TV * game consoles (PS3, 360, etc) * PC * Phone (Android, iPhone) and it seems like the no-brainer common denominator will probably be Bluetooth. However, there's a small wrinkle: the only item in the list above that doesn't already handle audio over A2DP is my TV (and the...
You are not alone. I have the same problem on my system, at least 1-2 times per show. No fix yet.
For anybody who was in my same position (bought the Visio recently), check your store. Mine had a 70 dollar price cut, and they adjusted for me (since I would have returned it otherwise). For the same price (599), I might have gone for the Sceptre. But for 70 dollars less, I'd much rather stick with the Vizio 720p set.
See my question here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...php?p=14378528
I use it more for my PS3 than anything else, and a few of my games support "full" 1080. I'm not *positive* I'll notice the difference on a 32" set, but I figure if it doesn't actually cost me anything....
I think I might go ahead and make the switch -- if the PQ is fine, the extra resolution for the extra 20 bucks is probably worth it. Agreed?
Good Lord, this is really old. I never did fix the problem -- do I need to contact LG, or what? Anybody?
Anybody with more info/opinions on the Sceptre from Costco? I only have a few more days to decide -- I have a Vizio 32" (the newer one... model # escapes me at the moment) which I'm fairly happy with, but it's only 720p/1080i, not 1080p. I paid the same as the Sceptre is going for now, and I'm still within my 90 day return period, but I already did one swap (the old Vizio for the new one) and I don't want to get blacklisted for abusing the return policy. I feel like I...
I need some troubleshooting advice. I've got an LG 30FZ4D CRT, which has an optical audio in that is supposed to play back whenever you use the HDMI input. I have my PC hooked up and working fine via a DVI-HDMI adapter, and I bought a converter box that's supposed to be SPDIF Coax to optical, and an optical cable. I'm just using a plane-Jane RCA cable from an old stereo hookup to connect the converter box to my PC's SPDIF output. The PC hookup is through my Asus...