or Connect

Posts by SFMike

Is there a way to prioritize the HDMI input selection so that the HDMI in back input will be the default when the player is turned on instead of the Blu-ray player input which seems to be the default? Thanks
Acording to The Hollywood Reporter and Market Saw 3D, Warner Bros. and it's producing partners DMG and Alcon Entertainment are actually forking over the money to have "TRANSCENDENCE" converted to 3D and then only releasing it 3D in one country - China! The whole story here http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/johnny-depps-transcendence-open-same-690536 I doubt we will get a 3D bluray option on this one.
I hate to admit it but I have to agree with you. Look what has happened to audio quality among the masses since the rise of iTunes. High grade audio is as much of a niche now as 3DTV viewers. My relatives watched a green tinted color TV for years and complained when I dialed in passable flesh tones. I guess to them green skin was proof you were watching "color" TV. A co-worker recently bought a new flat screen but still only watches their old SD feed saying it's good...
Don, do you have "Rise of the Guardians" in your collection? Although I very much liked the 3D in "Frozen" I think Guardians set the bar a little over Frozen and Pixar's latest as they used pop-out in very beautiful ways. They seemed to embrace 3D more than Disney and Pixar does. Check it out if you haven't.I know you think I'm a troll for not trusting Disney's intentions regarding the future of 3D, but I don't. As a fan of 3D and creator of 3D content I would think you...
Love my new OPPO BDP-103D! I was trying to stream NETFLIX 3D through the player but have been unsucessful. Anyone know any tricks to get this to work? It works OK on VUDU.
I'll believe it when I see it.........
Sony and all the other corporations that gave us 3D TV should do some soul searching as to their lame promotion of 3D. How could it be successful when after the initial roll out the 3D content and services they were never heard from again. I'm sure some suit was saying no one is watching or buying our "Sony 3D World" products but failed to mention to his bosses that there was zero lack of promotion. Now it's all about 4K and I hope they learned their lesson...but I doubt...
I was actually pleased with this conversion and thought it was on par with "Captain America." Yes there were a lot of dark scenes but the title says it all. In the end battle I thought they used the 3D quite well and that it added to the fun.
I heard that on initial bluray release the 3D version would be a Walmart or Best Buy exclusive. Anyone else hear this?
Rudy....Really well written. I believe you got it all right. 3D has had one of the worst promotional campaigns ever. My experience has been that when the 3D works right and is good, people get excited about it. The manufactuers and retailers have done a great job of shooting themselves in the foot on every step of the way. Now they see 4K as the new cash cow and are repeating the same mistakes. Does the public even know that 4K TVs can show 3D too? I feel that Hollywood...