or Connect

Posts by ginmtb

Okay these were taken at noon-ish, in dynamic mode. Taken with iPhone 4S camera. Skylight shade open as are the other shades in the house. Tons of ambient light. Have not calibrated the projector. Auto iris off, light harmonizer on. I had to shrink the projected image due to the Christmas tree placement (106" screen). Projector 12' away on coffee table projector in "eco" mode. Sony Blu-Ray player, standard definition DVD. Screen is an Elite Screens high contrast...
Okay I'll give this thing a shot! Thanks! I was sitting there watching football yesterday and looking at all the ambient light. Tons. So looking forward to getting this bad boy. Visual Apex has a nice return policy too but sure sounds like this fits my need perfectly.
Okay, this projector is looking very interesting for my setup - I currently have a Panny PT-AE-900U that I'm ready to replace (even though I think it only has about 1,000 hours on it in 5 years). I have a very large living room which has vaulted ceilings. Ceiling is light, carpet is light. I've painted the walls a light-medium brown. Windows have plantation shutters on them. There is a skylight up the stairs that lets in a ton of light. During day time viewing there...
Thanks to you too! I hope I never have to get the TV out, but if I do, I may have to hire a contortionist to do it for me. Actually, just need to get my arm behind it while it is partially down to access the four bolts on the back (with a short screwdriver and a couple of people holding the TV so it doesn't fall and crush me). I wish it was one of those lifts that rested on the cross support bars - but if the TV were to get caught up on something it would pop right off...
Thanks! I think I paid right around $500 for it. The IR module is an extra $60.
Well, I had seen a picture in HT Magazine of a historic house home theater - they needed to keep the historic nature of the house, but of course the husband wanted the high tech home theater stuff. So they had a fireplace built with the TV in the mantle and it was on a lift to drop it down from its concealed spot. I thought that was really cool and I was getting tired of the TV above the fireplace. So I took matters into my own hands: Fireplace TV Fireplace...
I just jumped on the XA2 bandwagon (got a pretty good deal through eBay at $310 including 7 movies - only 2 duplicates of my collection). Anyhow, I went from an A3 to the XA2 on a 106" screen with Panasonic projector. The difference to me is quite striking actually. Night and day, even at 720p. The firmware was 1.0 so I upgraded it to 2.7 so hopefully I won't have any problems. It was in perfect condition - not a single scratch, included warranty card, manual, and...
Note that neither of these wall plates will work with the Leviton inlet - I picked up both since they were less than $2 for both. The screw holes don't line up with the inlet. You could however glue the inlet on the back of the plate and then use the screw holes to secure the plate to a J-box (although I don't think they're designed for that as they're much lower than where a J-box screw holes are located - they're designed to screw onto an outlet that fits the hole. ...
Thanks for all the info on this subject. I just built my setup. Thought I would let you know that a 1.75" hole saw in one of those unbreakable plastic J-box covers you can buy at Home Depot works perfectly for this:
Sent mine in middle of November and received today. Fok, I would've chosen Troy DC had I known it was going to be that version vs. Troy. Instead I have Darkman. Oh well. Sorry for my French. Two of my UPC's had white stickers over them underneath the shrink wrap. Otherwise, everything was fine and what I had requested. I suppose I could have tried to trade in some but seems wrong to do that.