or Connect

Posts by Chriscart1

yeah I don't know why you tried to return it at a different store.. I would have expected the same results.
my PDP-4360 proved to be the wrong display choice for this gamer.... I love playing Xbox360 and I particularly love playing Gears of War online multiplayer. I've been playing it pretty consistently a couple times a week since it came out last November and alas the white gun icon in the upper right corner of the screen is permanently burned in. its not very noticable but I see it, particularly during light colored, moving scenes (like a panning shot of sand dunes...
I love Pioneer
I did a little more research and I think I'm just going to go with the 917. its got all the features of the 816 (including LCD remote) and its got HDMI. it'll only cost about $100 more too ($350 shipped for a brand-new unit off ebay).
yeah I noticed that too and it does have the mcacc jack right on the front. I think I'm going to go for the 816 but what sucks is they're selling for more than the 817! all the ones I can find are re-furbs too. guess everybody got the memo about the 817 being stripped down. why did Pio do this anyways? even the 815 is looking better than the 817.
ba-dump
I'm looking to get a new receiver because my current Pioneer VSX-D412 only has one optical audio input. I'd also like a newer Pioneer with the blue lights to match my Pioneer plasma I've been researching both the VSX-817 and the 816 and from what I can tell the 816 is better(?). Now I know for a fact that this year Pioneer "cheaped out" on a lot of stuff. for instance their plasma's don't have the seperate MR receiver and their 42" model is down an inch from last years...
I love listening to itunes through my stereo at home but I've got an imac that was the generation right before they started selling them with the small remotes. so when I found the Pioneer ipod dock it was a godsend because I love Pioneer stuff AND I could listen to my music through my stereo with a remote! no more having to get up and go over to my computer to change songs. so my question is this- I'm still waiting for the dock to ship ($104 new off ebay) so I was...
Quote: Originally Posted by eric102 On the Pio's they are for D-VHS recorders, should be a whole section in owners book on how to record OTA HD programs through them. ah.. very interesting. guess I shoulda checked my owners manual... :rolleyes:
I was checking out the back of my Pioneer PDP-4360HD's Media Receiver and noticed its got not one but two Firewire/i.link ports. What on earth are these for? plugging a camcorder in and looking at videos or plugging a digital camera in and looking at photos? I know the new 4270 model switched to the more universal USB but again, what are these ports for? thanks