or Connect

Posts by HDgaming42

Did you by any chance hot-plug that port? The spec claims you can do it--in practice I'm learning it's a good way to fry it. I think I did just that with a port on my DVDO Edge...
EDIT: The DVDO Edge and Lumagen HDQ share IR codes. Lumagen's MENU 0 2 7 if picked up by your DVDO Edge will result in assigning the Edge some arbitrary (exact actually, but arbitrary to me!) zoom factor. Other commands trigger other unknown effects on the Edge. Thanks for all the help in tracking this down. I'm deleting the stuff that lead nowhere--serves no purpose now.
I think I have a dead HDMI port--or in the very least it is misbehaving. Input #5, the furthermost on the right. Here's the thing--when I feed it different components on input #5 and hit "info" it will show the correct resolution and color space for each source with HDMI Audio (NONE). I've switched away from that input and back. I've removed power from the unit for 30 seconds and rebooted. Any other troubleshooting steps I've missed? It seems it is "seeing" each...
Yes--I'd heard along the way we've seen the introduction of Cinavia, the loss of the highest bit-rate Netflix (seems to be a Netflix issue), the loss of SACD-R and some reports of a regression in MKV playback.I updated today to the latest firmware so I guess the point is mute.
Thanks for the heads up / speculation. It's been a while since there's been much to get excited about VP-wise. Let's hope they don't regress 240p support like they did moving to the EDGE green. What a shame...
Just picked up this player open box for $9.99, no remote. Didn't expect it to work, but I could navigate it using HDMI CEC (never thought I'd use that!) Is there a recommended firmware for this unit? I'm assuming you can't move backward, and I don't like the sound of having MKV playback borked. My needs for this unit are Blu-ray > Netflix "Super HD" > SACD playback > MKV support.
Something else to consider - I don't believe the EDGE Green properly deals with 240p at the moment (8 and 16 bit video games).
The Flea can deal with analog noise--their test dvd even showcases it...
Keep in mind that although everyone here uses English, it may not be their primary language. Sometimes things come out a little more...direct. I actually laughed at that exchange, knowing Fudoh wasn't trying to insult you, but that you might take it that way.Unfortunately for North Americans like ourselves, integrating SCART is a nightmare. At least in the USA you can get SCART parts! In Canada we need to import them and pay a minimum of $16 shipping for a $1 part!As...
I've done exactly this type of thing. I think that's why I hoard old useless gear! I'm currently canvasing all my friends for an older ATI Radeon 3000 or 4000 series low profile PCI-E card. I'm not sure how many of those I gave away--and now I can't track one down because I need it once again! Doh!As for the EDGE re-buy: wouldn't a monoprice HDMI matrix switch have been a lot less expensive? Just wondering out loud...