or Connect

Posts by BenJF3

It wasn't bad here. People complained, but I thought they did well with the implementation. I would have used the time to do the digital transition and started going to a national line up,, but the change was long overdue. That said, our division had among the most abysmal channel alignment I've ever seen so finally having a consistent grouping was a welcome change. None of it really matters now as I'm transitioning away from TWC, but you may find the line up works...
Justin, PM me your physical address plus an email contact and the stations you are having issue with. My software is not a general coverage map, but station specific based on DMA. I overlay the signal propagation from the transmitter location and check against the station signal report. I can run your location through and email you a report with satellite images simulating the signal coverage. Based on those findings we can better determine what type of antenna might work...
Internet is their cash cow. Just look at their profits. You don't increase your profits while losing hundreds of thousands of video subs at the same time without making that money up somewhere. They will likely look to implant usage caps which will result in even more profit. They know people are ditching cable and moving to streaming. They also know that broadband is basically a utility now with next to no regulation and in my area, no competition. Expect them to milk...
To me, it's not worth the crumbs if you get what you want OTA. Eventually, the amount will go up again. That said, I'll confirm rates when I turn in all my equipment tomorrow. As it stands, I got my phone port confirmation for tomorrow. So I called TWC to confirm what needed to be done and ask for actual rates. They couldn't provide actual rates (apparently no one there know what their services cost), but advised me that my package was going to increase by $50 a month...
The cable lobby is powerful. The FCC requirement has changed. They are now allowed to encrypt ALL channels including locals. It sounds like they have begun to do this. As of 8/29 I'm though with TWC. My antenna is on the roof. Only way I'm staying with cable is if they have some low rate for CableCard only subs. I haven't been able to get a straight answer from them on the phone. No one working there seems to know what their prices are. I get different rates everytime I ask!
I will likely not be participating in this thread much longer as my phone number port completes earlier than expected on 8/29 and I'll be turning in all my TW owned equipment that day. If I don't the bill goes up $55 a month to $255 - yup, turn off home phone from the Sig Home package and the bill GOES UP! Truth is, Signature Home hasn't been all it's made out to be as some "Premium Package". You don't get anything that a standard sub has. You don't get the touted...
Location is EVERYTHING with Syracuse transmitters in Utica. I emailed haldrich a signal propagation map and he can see what I'm talking about. He just happens to be in one of the voids where the signal tapers off. His main issue is that with the right setup, he can probably get it but its still an expense for a "definite maybe".
I won't miss Navigator! Wish I had a decent broadband option here beside Time Warner so I could cut them out completely. I'm dreading the disaster I foresee... Got home yesterday and my wife noticed orange spray paint all over the grass. I investigated to find the lines trace TW's underground trunk going to my pedestal. I popped the cover and noticed my drop had been cut and then re-spliced. I can only imagine what they are planning.
This is a smart move on TWC's for people that don't know any better. It lets everyone know that CBS is trying to milk you for something that is freely available. Not that TWC is innocent by any means, but these broadcasters have gotten out of hand with these retrans demands.
I have little faith that TWC in my division will do anything right. The concept sounds good, but they'll botch the implementation. I'll be gone by the time anything comes to fruition. Their 6 tuner whole home was supposed to be out by now and not a peep. I have my tentative date of 9/16 from Ooma for my home phone to finish porting, so I'm keeping TW until then. After that, I'm finishing my rewire and network modifications. My antenna is already on the roof and just needs...