or Connect

Posts by nathanb

Hi all, I'm looking for a sub $1,000 receiver to power a KEF 3005 sub/sat system. At first I was thinking the 3806, but if I don't need the video capabilities (only 2 sources, tv has two inputs), is there another lower priced receiver that will sound just as good (or better)? Thanks --
i'm looking for a bedroom set, and was thinking about the KEF 3005, monitor radius, def techs, orbs, axiom mini epics, etc. i've listened to the first 4. i thought the bookshelves were superior to the orbs -- but i truthfully didnt hear much difference between the radius, def tech and KEF (much to the chagrin of my sales associate, who was high on the KEF) any input? i'm looking to spend not much more than 1500. . .
Quote: Originally Posted by Tex-amp There are a good number of people on here that have heard them and would agree with his statement. Unless you need the small form factor of the Orbs there are a number of better sounding choices for the price. well they would be for a bedroom, so their size was a big factor they would be mainly for HT suggestions? from these boards, def tech sounds intriguing. omnisats seem to be in the same boat...
Quote: Originally Posted by noremacyug i haven't heard the orbs, so i'm not saying that they dont sound ok, but..... i too agree that for the money you could come up with something that could play the full freq. spectrum a bit better rather than being limited by the 8" sub and 3" drivers in the satellites. the orbs remind me a lot of a familiar foe whom many despise. cool to look at factor, small sattellites (which to my knowledge are not even a...