or Connect

Posts by Ace H

Samsung UNXXF6400 Smart TV I followed the procedure to setup the Universal Remote feature. I have a Cox Cable Hi Def STB DCH3200. It works fine when I turn on the TV and the cable box turns on also, as it should. However, when I turn the TV off the Cable Box does NOT turn off as it should, therefore when I turn the TV back on then it turns the cable box off, so I have to manually turn on the cable box pressing the STB button. I have re-done the setup a couple of times but...
Samsung UNXXF6400 Smart TV I followed the procedure to setup the Universal Remote feature. I have a Cox Cable Hi Def STB DCH3200. It works fine when I turn on the TV and the cable box turns on also, as it should. However, when I turn the TV off the Cable Box does NOT turn off as it should, therefore when I turn the TV back on then it turns the cable box off, so I have to manually turn on the cable box pressing the STB button. I have re-done the setup a couple of times...
Thanks for the info. Luckily I'm still under warranty.
Purchased the Samsung UNXXF6400 (50") TV back on June 15, 2013. These past few days I noticed a dark film like haze straight across the top of the TV extending down about 6 inches. The rest of the picture is bright and clear. It reminds me of the TV commercial for Claritin Clear where they show how the things look before you take Claritin and then how bright and clear everything is after Claritin. I'm not sure if this started since installing the latest firmware update...
Issue has been resolved. I did run an optical out cable from the TV to my A/V receiver.
I have a Samsung UNXXF6400 Smart TV which has AllShare and WiFi Direct. Would I benefit from the new Google Chromecast?
Thanks cstrasz, I thought it looked like a little joystick yet part of me thought it might be a "total reset" button.
I just got a Samsung 6400 series smart TV. I don't see any way to operate the TV without the remote control i.e. on/off, menu etc. As you're facing the back of the TV, I see a button on the bottom left corner, could this be the on/off button? I don't' see anything about this button in the manual.
RollTYide2011, I'm running the cable from the cable box directly into the 820. Apparently I had a bad cable because when I switched to another HDMI cable I now have Dolby Digital. Thanks for the reply. Also regarding the 820, I have the receiver set to HDMI pass through so that I can watch TV with the 820 off, news and other programs which really don't require surround sound.
Just got a new Samsung 50" 6400 Series Smart TV. It's hooked up to a Yamaha RX-A820 A/V receiver via HDMI from a High Definition digital cable box. When watching and listening to the TV through the Yamaha receiver, all I can get is PCM sound no Dolby Digital, DTS or any other high quality sound. In the Samsung TV menu for Digital Audio Out, the option for Dolby Digital and DTS are grayed out so they are not available. It only gives me the option for PCM and a Neo2:5...