or Connect

Posts by ddrohome

I reverted back to WMP 10 on the weekend to see if the search function would work on my 1140 and it does. Everything seems to work as it should on HMG. The only problem is that WMP 10 is a dog once you've used v.11. I have had to go back and recreate all album art and some playlists.
I have no problem with HMG per se, just the search function. Last time I checked, I have 10,000+ songs on 680+ albums, so getting to, say, "The Joshua Tree" takes a while when scrolling through the albums page by page. Hence, the desire for a working search function. I will try reverting to WMP10 this weekend. I really do like HMG. There are a few improvements I would like to see; sound through analog sources; better screens for music, etc. but overall I think it...
Has anyone had trouble using the search function of Home Media Gallery? When I try to search for music, the search always returns with no results (something like 'no such file exists'). Has anyone got the search function to work or is this a common problem?
I've tried to solve this conundrum for a while and the only thing I can see working is a DAC. It should be able to give you analog audio and some can also give analog and digital outputs.
I have my 1140 networked as well and I am using MP11 with no problems at all. Well one - I have my 1140 hooked to a Pio 84TXs and the receiver is set up for multi-room functions (I also have a sat and DVD hooked in to the receiver). I can play the HMG through the main room speakers no problem, but not in the sub rooms. I thought it was the 84, but through experimenting I now believe it is the 1140. I have both a digital out and composite out going from the 1140 to...
I don't think this has been answered here (yet...). I have the 84 and a Elite 1140HD Plasma. The 1140 is connected to my PC where I store all my music. The 84 is setup with home theatre in the main room and I am using multi-zone for speakers in other parts of the house theough the back surround and a speaker switcher. I can get music from the plasma (through Home Media Gallery) in my main room no problem, but I can't get it to work in any of the other zones. All my...
No, my A/V receiver auto detects the source signal and all I could get (before swapping cables) was a PCM stereo signal, which I presume is analog?? If I switched to my DVD player, the A/V receiver automatically switched to 5.1 digital so I would say that the HDMI signal is only analog. The manual for the satellite receiver even states that for 5.1 digital, you need to hook up an optical cable...
Sorry, I should have been more clear in my post. The audio from the Dish receiver through the HDMI port is 2-ch Analog, not digital. In order to get digital sound, you need to utilize the optical connection. (or so I was told by Bell)
Last night I changed my HDMI cable to the HDMI/DVI cable that came with the receiver and added a digital optical cable and I started receiving digital audio right away. The Bell CSR previously told me that this receiver only transmits 2-ch audio through the HDMI and my setup seemed to confirm that.
First time poster... I just had a Pioneer 84TXS and a Bell ExpressVu 9200 (same as Dish 921?) installed last week. The dish came with a HDMI - DVI connector that the installer swapped for a HDMI - HDMI. I haven't been able to receive digital sound from the satellite even after I installed an optical cable between the 84 receiver and satellite box. THe inputs are properly set on the 84. I am wondering if the 84 is being "tricked" into believing the audio comes from...