or Connect

Posts by Audio_Geek_00

I had the 83 and replaced it with the 103 and for what I use on my Harmony the same setup runs the 103 as well so I didn't have to immediately change my harmony to get the 103 to power up and to use the basic functions. I suppose I should upgrade the Harmony to be able to use Netflix on the 103s setup but its never too late to procrastinate;)
Hey all. I had to check in cuz I've had a rough AV week this week and you guys are the only ones that would understand outside of 2 or 3 friends. The week started off OK when after a fair number of years I finally had the $$ to get a used Revel Voice to match my Studio's and I actually found what appeared to be a reasonable deal on a one owner well cared for Voice with the pedestal while I still had the money (the perfect storm), so I pulled the trigger. 2 days after that...
Thanks Roger. Your the second person to recommend blue jeans HDMI cables. I just placed an order for a 25ft FE series black cable. It sounds like it will be easier to run than the 35' Monster cable. And i don't have to deal with the extra 10' I have no use for.Best,Tim
Update on the long HDMI cable issue with my SSP. I stopped by Fry's Electronics and picked up a 35' Monster HDMI cable to try in lieu of the 24' AudioQuest HDMI 3 cable I have been using. It works:eek: I am going to run it for a few weeks before I commit to pulling the other cable out of my ceiling but there was no lost signal. I'd like to find a shorter cable and will likely look around. You guys gave me some suggestions that i'll follow up on.There was another issue that...
Here is an update on the HDMI cable length issue. I emailed Classe and Carl responded with the following. [I]"The 23’ length should not be problematic but keep in mind that a more expensive cable is not necessarily better. More expensive usually means a bigger gauge. A bigger gauge means more capacitance. More capacitance reduces signal integrity with length. If the SSP-800 proves to be stable with a shorter cable, you need to try a 23’ HDMI cable for your...
Thanks guys. My Oppo plugged directly to the HDMI cable works fine, but when it is plugged into the SSP it works for a few seconds then snow. My AVM50 has no issues sending the signal over the same cable and if your experience has been that Your SSP works with long cables then i would conclude that it isn't the cable but the video board in the processor. I connected the Oppo to the SSP and the SSP to the Anthem and that setup works, but its not very practical. I'll be...
I had to chime in here as I have been having issues with my SSP losing the handshake with my projector through the HDMI. It worked for a while and then suddenly nothing but snow. I changed the cable to the other HDMI output on the SSP and no change. I disconnected my Oppo from the SSP and plugged it directly to the projector and it works fine. I have my SSP in a Salamander rack as well so I took it out and set it on top so that it gets plenty of air flow. No change. I have...
Tony, I was able to get the firmware updated and now the SSP sees the amp There was some challenges though, most to do with access to the amp and the rest with the USB to serial adapter cable. It was a challenge getting the driver for the adapter (it came up in either Chinese or some othe asian language I could not read) so had to do some digging and finally found it. The way my amp is installed access is blind to the back of it so you have to go by feel. The connector was...
Actually CAN bus was developed for the automotive and aerospace industry that allows communication to seperate microcontrollers without using a computer, hence access to all of the info you see listed for the Classe components. Classe likely adopted this standard rather than coming up with their own, which makes a lot of sense. Certainly not likely to be their core competancy. There might be other audio component manufacturers using CAN but I'm not aware of any (which...
You are correct. I went through this exercise when I had the SSP-600 where I didn't have a PC that had that output, so I found a USB/RS-232 adapter. Now if I can remember where I put it... Best, Tim