or Connect

Posts by Mattardo

Hey, there! Are there any current FM tuner cards for the PC floating around? Or any decent hybrid tv tuner/fm tuner cards. I currently am using a Haupagge HVR-1250 card for tv, it's working just great and would prefer not to change, so a standalone FM card would be preferable. Any exist that are reliable? Thanks!
Methinks it might have been the card. Removed it, stuck in one of my extra dvd-drives, and booted right up into the Windows Installation Screen (using Windows Disc), formatted the drive and am now trying a clean installation without the card. I might be able to get away with not using the card. The Asus MB has an HDMI, VGA and DVI out on it - so I suppose I could get away with using HDMI for the main tv at 720p and VGA for the little rinky-dink...
Thanks for the info! I'm slowly working through that. Disconnected cd-rom, anything usb, scanned hard-drive in other computer for errors with no problems. The only unusual thing was I used Unlocked to delete the Old Windows folders (from pervious installs) and it literally took an entire day to do so for one folder. Not sure if that points to a bad drive, or a bad Unlocker program. My current two guesses are: bad hard drive not enough power. But reading the...
Pardon me, my good people, but does anyone know how much power consumption this teensy, eensy powercard uses? It's the one with the mighty Lion on the box: MSI NVIDIA GeForce NX8400GS 256 MB Video Card http://www.msi.com/product/vga/NX840...l#?div=Feature : it's the one on the left with the horrible-looking gold heat-sink, not the cool one with the lion-graphics on the actual card. I installed this some time ago on a computer for a friend, and now the computer is...
Quote: Originally Posted by none74 You can buy little converters for like a buck... This won't burn anything out? I would hate to put any undue stress on some of the wires or ports. I'm wondering how the other motherboards worked just fine with the 20-pin connectors: surely those other 4 ports did something. Or maybe not heh heh! The only thing I've read is that the extra 4 ports are for powering a pci-express port, for a graphics card....
Pardon me if this has been answered in the 54 pages of verbiage preceeding me, but I'm trying to determine the answer to an issue: I have an few extra power supplies, ranging from 300 Watts to above, and would like to use them with this motherboard. I'll be using the onboard video as well. My issue is - the only power supplies I have are 20-pin ATX connectors, while the Zotac MB seems to want a 24-pin connector. Now - the computer (a HP Media Center computer) I want...
I noticed that as well - but have no idea as to what's going on. Perhaps Andrew finally decided to shut them down? Maybe new users have been purchasing the software, finding out that it hasn't been updated in years, and are a little...angry? I would be! One way of handling that is to, well, shut down the forums....new users won't have a headsup on the situation. He still sells it for a high price, I notice. I really enjoyed Theatertek on XP - but have not been able to...
This has been happening since TMT 3 for me. I made a post about it on arcsoft forum, with no results, many months ago. I have had to change my entire multi monitor setup just to accommodate this annoying bug. Arcsoft has way too many bugs and missing features that are easily fixed - it boggles my mind. Media center plugin that can't play the same files the desktop player does? Not exactly the all-in-one player they advertise on their website. I use it for blu ray at this...
Thanks a lot for the replies! They have helped me enormously. I'm glad to know they are a legit business, and I'm glad to know the touchscreen is a waste of time. I personally don't see the point of the touchscreens, since that's what a remote control is for and it's not often that the monitor will be off, anyways. This is the next choice, that I think would be a better fit. It's still expensive, but it at least looks like it will be a good...
Tis the season for friends to want HTPCS! I have one particular friend who would like me to build him a HTPC for his living room for his own Christmas present. He is endowed with more money than common sense, so some of his decisions are impulses because he has the "if it costs more, it must be better" mentality. While this is true for some things, I don't think it's necesarrily true for cases. He has stumbled upon this particular case at...