or Connect

Posts by ronparr

Quote: Originally Posted by ddisplay The point is that you don't see a 1 pixel checkerboard like you are suppose to. The DLP is trying to draw with 1 pixel resolution with a brush that is 2 pixels in area turned on a diagonal. There are inevitable problems. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (sometimes is fails spectacularly -- try some of those checkerboards when it is not scaling 1 to 1), the average is something about 1.5X better than no...
Quote: Originally Posted by ddisplay Try a 1 pixel B&W checkerboard and see what you get (you should see series of gray diamonds -- ie., the mirrors themselves). I've tried that. If I sit less than 3 feet from the set, I can see little bumps from the edges of the mirrors. Beyond that, I can't see it. Quote: You can also get some interesting effects including flickering and flashing with various other patterns at different...
Quote: Originally Posted by NM 156 I also referenced the Cnet review that stated that the xx187 wasn't able to fully resolve every line of 1080p sources. http://reviews.cnet.com/Samsung_HL_S...1.html?tag=txt The 6187 fails to resolve full 1080P detail because it has overscan on. Overscan does a software zoom on the image and this blurs details. If you turn off overscan, you get 1:1 pixel mapping and full 1080P detail. Unfortunately, you...
Quote: Originally Posted by ChrisWiggles 3) diamond pixels? You might be referring to faux-1080 dlps with wobulation. I would avoid those as there are many native 1080p displays available in LCD, LCOS and DLP technology that avoid all that wobulation nonsense and are full 1080p which is significantly superior. I personally feel that wobulated 1080 is inferior to native 720p display.s Wobulated 1080P DLPs displays are true 1080P displays. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by NM 156 Hey... I presently own a 50A2000. I would have pulled trigger on the Samsung 6187 but I would wait until DLP resolves native 1920x1080. I think the 60XBR2 was the best TV out there but the bat wings aren't removable unless you get the 70". It was too wide and there would have been no room for my JBL E80 towers. To answer your question, for $1200 less, it would be worth it to get the 6187. The new DLP doesn't show...
Quote: Originally Posted by melodicskys 1) Do the current 1080p DLP sets always upscale all their content to 1080p and if so is there any quality loss to a 720p image that is upscaled? (since most of the xbox games will be 720p output) 2) Do the 1080p sets that take a 1080p input signal only have a 30fps frame rate? (This is a concern because of PC Gaming/XBOX360 gaming that can surpass 30fps. If it does only take 30fps how would that affect a very...
Quote: Originally Posted by MOtvGuy Clearly you don't understand much about consumers because if you did, there are many that find piece of mind in purchasing EW's. I have no doubt that some people find peace of mind in these bad deals. If they didn't, the firms who offer them would be out of business pretty quickly. The question isn't whether the pathological behaviors in consumers exist. Clearly they do. The question is what can be to...
Lamp life is a probability distribution. Even if the average is a many thousands of hours, a few (un)lucky people will be at the tails of the curve and get lamps with a short life. Looks like you won the bad lamp lottery. The good news is that it should be covered by your warranty. Ready your warranty and then call Samsung.
Quote: Originally Posted by NM 156 Actually, DLP only resolves 960x1080 and uses mirrors to display wobulation at 1920x1080. Still a great picture though. A wobulated DLP can resolve every line of a 1920x1080 source. That's as genuine as it gets.
Quote: Originally Posted by jrock99 How about you use the search button and look it up? Because I've been reading about the topic for a while. Quote: Originally Posted by jrock99 The correct response to the resolution issue is "Who cares they look great with 1080 material, resolution is nothing compared to the other benefits DLP brings". Like perfect convergence. Not more miss-information like your spewing. No -...