or Connect

Posts by Pete_P

See my post at the bottom of the previous page (or quoted at the top of this page). Depending on you're room size and expectations, the simple answer is: Yes the 663 and 1018 (since they have the same/similar amps to their previous model) will power them fine, the panny's I am unfamiliar with so no comment. However a 'better quality' amp will power them better but not necessarily louder, something that applies to roughly 99% of speakers.
Then why not get 2 floorstanders and forget about the center & rears for now? Not having to split your budget between 5 speakers means you can get better speakers to use for a 2.0(1) system and then later on you can add the rest if you decide to. I just did a job for a guy that had Paradigm Cinema 70 setup and was completely unhappy with them so he was considering the Kef 3005 setup. Next thing I know my work order stated he was getting a pair of Kef xQ1's installed (got...
By unusual you mean "is cheap but wants the world"?Agreed. Are they against the idea of having the in-ceiling speaker wire run to a central location with the other equipment? From there you could either use a receiver or a pre-amp/amp with the RF basestation to control volume. How about just an amp (central location) and a volume control in the kitchen? Maybe an Abus type system that could later be expanded through the house? I'm sure you suggested this already, but I...
What are your needs, expectations and budget? If you are looking for music distribution throughout the house and want them for background music, then open backs will be fine. Checkout the monoprice or HTD or parts express designs. If you want them for a home theater setup then "needs, expectations and budget" is the really big question. If you are only looking for something better than tv speakers and do not want to or cannot afford to spend money on better in-walls, then...
The 3005 system is definately nicer then the 2005.2. The 3005 speakers are larger in size then the 2005.2 sats and the slightly larger woofer does make a noticable difference. Also as stated the 3005 center is much better then the 2005 which uses the same sat as the surrounds. As for the subs in both systems it's a matter of prefence. I think the sub in the 2005.2 system is a little to overbearing and I prefer the sub in the 3005 setup more. Plus the 3005 sub looks...
Set it up and give it a shot. I once installed a ysp4000 in a room with high ceilings and big open back section and it sounded surpsisingly well given the conditions. The 'my beam' is really intended for one purpose and thats night viewing. What it does is it sends out a test signal that remote picks up and sends info back giving the soundbar a generalization of the area you (and the remote are in). It then 'aims' the sound there and shuts of the sub. What all...
Your only way around it is to leave it component. This might not be the right terminology or way to explain it, but ... the HDCP is turned on and it can tell that the receiver is connected between the display device and the cablebox which it doesn't allow to happen so it cuts off the a/v.
Thats pretty much the retail world, milk the customer. The art of actually selling is something few have, the rest make up for it by offering everything available and hoping the customer buys a few of the things (kinda like the phrase "if you throw enough sh!t at the wall some is bound to stick"). If the receiver process audio over HDMI, then anything else in addition to HDMI is not needed unless they are running zone functions off the receiver which require analog...
See if you have a Circuit City near you that has the Kef 2005.2 system on clearance (and in stock).
I picked up an open box set for $200 at a CC near me on sunday. I was at another one on saturday (2/9/08) and a salesman told me that only stores in NJ that had brand new sets were Philipsburg and Moorestown (again this was as of saturday). So if anyone lives near one of those stores it's worth it to check it out.