or Connect

Posts by bswiz

My old Toshiba CRT TV (that I replaced with my 600U) would automatically display the CC when you put it on mute. It was kind of nice if a phone call came in so you could mute the TV and still keep tabs on what was going on with the show you were watching. I also used it during some movies when I didn't clearly hear a line - it was easier than turning on the subtitles. I don't know if such an option exists on the Panasonics....
And I missed it..... hopefully Youtube will come to the rescue!
The TVGuide on my 42PX600U is pretty much completely filled in now, with the exception of the digital stations. I assume this is a function of what is broadcast in the TVGuide "stream" and that the TV itself can't do anything about it? Not a huge deal since I only have a few digital stations (and the networks should always be the same as their analog versions), but it would be nice if the TVG showed everything correctly. Also, is there any way to remap channels? Or...
I've had a 42PX600U for only a few days, but haven't noticed any problems with the tuner so far. Of course, I don't know anyone else using a QAM tuner that I can compare with. But, I receive local network channels plus a few others in HD just fine so far.
So there is! The 'PROG -' label made me think it was for something else. Thanks - I figured there was an easy solution I was just missing.
Just wanted to chime in and say my plasma TV was delivered yesterday and hooked up to analog Comcast cable, it's working great with the QAM tuner. Found the network HD channels as well as some other stuff. We briefly had what I believe was HBO (Sopranos was on) but later it was gone - the same thing happened with another channel that had a CBS logo. The tuner found lots of "channels" that aren't showing anything, so I don't know why the channel scan even included...
Hi all, My 42PX600U was just delivered yesterday - so far, so good! I'm using the QAM tuner with plain analog cable (no box) and was able to find quite a few digital stations. One question I have is - how do I go directly to them? In other words, if ABC HD is 113-4, how do I go directly to that station? If I type 1134 on the remote, it goes to 1134. I can go to 113, but it will default to whatever the first 113 subchannel is - which in this example might be...
Thanks, it's working fine through the VCR. Got quite a few channels that I wasn't expecting, too.
My plasma just got dropped off minutes ago, and I realized I have a question I need answered before I start hooking it up. With my old TV, the coax cable went: Wall --> VCR --> TV (no cable box, plain analog cable). Will this same setup work with the TV's QAM tuner to get the unencrypted HD signals, or will the VCR somehow block them? Would it be better to go: Wall --> splitter --> HDTV / VCR (separately)? Thanks!!
I am bad about always checking prices for a while even after I buy. I just finally ordered my plasma a couple nights ago and my fiancee' even said "Does this mean you will stop looking at prices now?" since I had been searching for a few weeks. Little does she know I am still checking prices, I don't know why I torture myself! Just as a point of reference - my father paid about $2300 for a Panasonic 37PX60U last year. Now you can find the 42" same model for about...