or Connect

Posts by farleyville

As far as I know they do not, only have 1 button to turn them on and it syncs both eyes. But I doubt they give this option as 3D only works with both eyes synced. If you close one eye, the stereoscopic effect is lost.
You should put the lens at the center... so the projector will be the 2.5 off center. As far as the firmware, I would not update it. I have version 1.04 and have no issues at all, everything works fine, 3D etc.. Until I need any of the added features, I am not going to risk upgrading the firmware. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. But thats me, others always want the latest. But from what I have read, doing it yourself technically voids the warranty. So proceed at...
I'm going to throw this out there as well... If your room is not COMPLETELY light controlled, and I mean black walls, black ceiling, black flooring, no windows, etc.. Then a WHITE screen and a projector will NEVER be able to touch the blacks of a plasma. And even if you have a completely light controlled room, I'm still not sure you can get beyond the blacks of a plasma, just close to it with a high end projector.But, if you will be watching with any ambient light at...
I have a 120" screen (painted Sintra) with my W1070. The throw distance is roughly 11' if I remember correctly. Overall room size is 14' x 12', so I know the 120" will work in your room. And for the record, there is no such thing as TOO BIG when it comes to projector screens (my opinion of course). Thats why we get a projector in the first place.I painted the sintra with the Silverfire mix as discussed in various threads on here. I'm not sure if you need to go that...
I am happy with the final result. I mounted the sintra using adhesive as mentioned above, and framed it with velvet wrapped trim. The only change I would make, is that I used the Silverfire 3.0 as talked about in these threads... I used an older formula at the time that didnt have the matte finish for the polycrylic, and there is mild hotspotting in brighter scenes. That is not the fault of the sintra, but of the paint mix. Overall I am very happy even with the mild...
For me its visible during football games in the color of the grass. So its visible almost 90% of the time while watching sports. Sideline shots, etc.. you cant see it. I think a drop off of up to 50% is probably normal with these units. But for him his measurement dropped from 330 to 130, Which is more like a 60-70% drop.On mine my brightest point was close to 400 with low at 115. Thats a 75% drop off to that corner... The other corners that stay at 50% or...
I havent returned my unit as of yet. I still have some time. I acutally called and got an RMA number and all the forms to send it back, but we use the thing so much, I haven't wanted to lose 2 weeks worth of usage to send it back yet. Honestly I'm the only one in my family that it bothers, and guests don't notice it until I point it out on a certain scene...
I'll add a +1 on this thread for the Dimensional Optics glasses... http://www.dimensionaloptics.com/Product.aspx?l=00010001000100100001&p=A1S01323 Unboxed them last night (ordered four pairs for the family for Christmas), charged them up and tried them last night on 3 different movies. I have no experience with any other glasses with the W1070, but I will say that these are comfortable, show no red flash that I can see, and just work. I was trying to make them lose...
Also, I am debating between the 3DTV Corp glasses or the Dimension Optics. With Coupon the difference in cost is $116 for 4 pair for 3DTV and $166 for 4 pair of the DImensional Optics... Price really isnt that big of a deal, but for those who have both, Do you prefer having battery or rechargeable glasses. One one hand I would like rechargeable because I could always recharge and never have to worry about it again. On the other hand, if the glasses drop out in the...
Has anyone used these 3DTV Kids glasses with the W1070? http://amzn.com/B008SYLVXK