or Connect

Posts by AndreLaplume

I have a 3 year old LG 55" tv . Recently I thought I noticed some sound distortion from the speakers. I am noticing it more and more. The set is not turned up very loud either. It does not always occur on thesame channel. If I tivo, find a scene that vibrates then rewind and play scene again thru external speakers its fine. (No, I do not consider a solution to always be using external speakers!) Is this a known issue...I see complaints on the web against LG and Samsung...
I have had this set and been happy for a few years. Recently I thought I noticed some sound distortion from the speakers. I am noticing it more and more. The set is not turned up very loud either. It does not always occur on thesame channel. If I tivo, find a scene that vibrates then rewind and play scene again thru external speakers its fine. (No, I do not consider a solution to always be using external speakers!) Is this a known issue...I see complaints on the web...
I have a dvr thru cable co, a dvd and my old sony receiver hooked up to my lg. To be honest I do not recall how I hooked it all up. I just know I can use my Receiver for the the dvd or tv. In fact I used to use the receiver for all tv shows till I adjusted to the somewhat crappier sound quality that the the led tv offered vs my old tube tv. However, now that I added NETFLIX...I get no sound thru the receiver when watching NETFLIX stuff. Also, the volume thru the tv...
so I have to calibrate the HDMI port for my br...any suggestions...
LG BD610 connected via monosource hdmi....
Ok, I just popped in my used Sherlock Holmes Blockbust Blue Ray. It is much much better than: Field of Dreams....but still not as nice as my hd channels. This begs two questions... 1) Why do old tv shows like Seinfeld pop on my hd channel and films do not. 2) Why would a studio take a classic like Field of Dreams and do such a crappy transfer job with it...just makes me less likely to buy any movies made prior the the last few years.
I have not messed with the tv settings much. I have it the way I like it for normal veiwing. Blockbuster is closing stores so picked up some newer dvds and blue rays (5 for $7.50) just to see if flicks of newer viintage make a difference...have not tried them yet. I also popped in some old tv series dvds...Quincy (remember that show) Very grainy as well...not noticable on the tube tv...allbeit smaller. I have also noticed that thes old tv shows do not look as bad when...
I set my cable box to 1080--that fixed that problem. I set the dvd to 1080...made no difference. After some reading it seams I m suppose to 'appreciate the grain' and its normal on older flicks. Well, I preferred watching it with no grain on my tube tv.
That stinks! My old dvds look 10X better on my bedroom tube tv! I'll rent a modern br and see...very dissapointed to think that forever more anything made from the 90s back will look like crap!
P L E A S E H E L P !!!! I have had my 55" 5600 since October. The biggest picture problem I had was realizing I had set my rcn cable box to 1080p. Once I did that my hd channels popped! When watching DVDs the picture always looked grainy. My wife bought me an LG BD610 Blue Ray player for Xmas and 2 blue ray dvds: Field of Dreams and Fletch. I hooked the player up today using the HDMI output on the BR player to the HDMI input on the 5600. A monosource HDMI...