or Connect

Posts by satiger

Hit on the spot - that was my issue!. It clicked in my mind but I ignored it thinking that multichannel audio circuit is isolated with HDMI circuit, apparently not. HDMI1 to TV didn't cause issue but HDMI2 to receiver is the cause. That too only when connected to Bluray input on receiver end (Yami V1800). All other inputs didn't cause CD playback issue.After few trials, I solved the issue by increasing the A/V sync setting in Oppo to 200ms (default 0 ms). That appears to...
Thanks for all the response and sorry for being not clearer with the issue; Working; Playing CD in bluray setting (105 -> HDMI to TV and Yami - Yami is set to BD). Regular audio CDs in this setup plays songs . Receiver is set to receive signals via HDMI and out puts to 5 speakers. This works. While this being played, if I turn input selection on Yami receiver to multichannel (connected to Oppo using RCA), it continues to play as usual. No issues. Not working: Playing...
I forced firmware update using USB (thanks Bill). Attempt 1: After the updates and re-start, it didn't prompt for factory reset prompt. I did persistent storage reset and played CD. Same issue. Attempt 2: Second attempt using USB. After re-start no prompt either. Did the factory reset and persistent storage reset using system menu. Played CD. Same as earlier, counter moves faster as if it is in fast forward. But when I change track, now counter gets reset and starts from...
Thanks Bill for the quick response. I did the factory reset through the setting menu but didn't resolve the issue. Is there a way to force update the firmware one more time even though I am at the latest version?.
After recent firmware update, CD won't play Yesterday I did firmware update via network and everything went smooth. When prompted for 'factory reset', I skipped that as I did in the previous times. Now, when I try to play regular CD, I do see counter keep skipping (running) as if I pressed fast forward. No sound. I connected 105 via RCA and HDMI and for CD play I use multi channel output. However, if I try to play the same CD as DVD/BD (meant TV is on and can control Oppo...
Added to the list..........
What that cable?. Do you know it's name?. The connectors looks very impressive.
Hi David - I am not sure whether you are sarcastic or serious ????:
That's what I thought would happen when I start listening to 05FD. I never assumed that 05FD is going to give me better 2-ch audio listening experience over 51FD. For that matter, I would've gone with 09FD if I had enough cash to burn. However, my real life experience is different. It is hard to believe. I, generally have a good ear for detailed music listening. I read the Q&A section in Pio web site on difference between 51FD & 05FD and the last point caught my eyes ;...
As I have mentioned in previous posts, I have been using 51FD since last April mostly on listening to CD. Since I sent that unit to Pio for service, I was looking for a backup, mainly 51FD. Since I couldn't find one at BB or any other authorized places at reasonable price, I could able locate one 05FD new at good price. Two days back connected that unit to my existing system (B&W 683 fronts, ML Grotto sub, Yami 1800 receiver, Shunyata Diamondback Platinum power cable fed...