or Connect

Posts by satiger

Instead of dealing with mal functioning demo unit from BB, I searched around and found that one BB close by has 2 new units and selling them at $320. I went and grabbed it - it is Japanese made. If anyone around San Antonio, TX wants to know detail of the store, please PM me. If any forum member wants it, I could buy & ship it at their actual shipping cost. It is so frustrating experince with Pio blu-ray players for me. The first one I purchased (Japanese) from 6ave...
Thanks for all the responses. I opened the system to see whether I could remove the stuck blu-ray and that may solve the issue. It's real easy to open the cover and use a pin on the hole to eject the tray. I tried few time (both powered on and off) and it wouldn't eject the tray. With little frustration, I gave a litte shake and tried again and it opened . I removed the disk and turned off / turned on few times and it worked well. Then I inserted an audio CD and back to...
On my 51FD issue : 1. I have tried unplug and plu-in power cord 2. Reset mentioned in post 7 3. Power on using remote and button on the front panel 4. Remove all audio & video cables and try reset Nothing worked so far. It is stuck at 'Power On' message. Just remembered that I left the Blu-ray I watched inside the player. Probably somehow getting that out may solve the probem. Does any one know how to open the tray when the player won't fully start?.
Thanks for the response. I tried and it didn't work. When turned on, it doesn't get pass 'Power On' message. I left the unit for an hour and it remains there with 'Power On' display. Not sure how can I 'fix' this issue without sending the unit to Pioneer?. What s there turn around time?. Are we responsible for shipping charges for both ways?.
Ok guys, I have been using this player (51FD) for a while with 1.33 firmware. Yesterday I updated the player with 1.37 and didn't have any issues. Then, I played a Blu-ray movie, removed the disk and turned off it. Today morning, I wanted to play CD and try to turn on the unit using Logitech (that's what I use every time). The receiver turned on but 51FD was stuck with 'power on' display. Left is there for 5-8 minutes. Nothing happened. Unpluged the power cable, pluged...
In my previous posts I had mentioned that I like to achieve analog out to L&R speakers with subwoofer. Typical CD output with pure direct turned on in Yamaha will result only L&R speakers active. Finally made subwoofer also active without turning on any additional processing in Yami. Below are the setting: Pio 51FD : Audio Priority is set to Analog and you speaker settings are set to Multi. Set main speakers 'small' and sub cut @ 80Hz (in my case). Connect L&R RCA...
Good points. Unlike 09FD, 51FD doesn't have two HDMI's to get audio and video separately. So, I am depends on one single HDMI from 51FD to feed Yamaha with audio (PCM) and video signals. In the receiver, I configured video signals to be pass through (doesn't process it). I believe Pioneer PRO-111FD has better video processer than Yami or 51FD for that matter. Also, 111FD supports 36bit color. Whether that makes any difference to my eye is a different story. I haven't...
I could do that. However, when I play Bly ray and wanted to use Yami's one of it's DSPs, then signal would be digitized again. Yamaha has more DSP selections than 51FD. In order to better use Yami DSP, it is better to receive the signal in PCM. I could achieve that using HDMI. Please correct me if I am wrong in this. Also, if I use analog multi channel, then I miss out 1.3a deep color, 36 bit video etc. Yamaha 1800 supports 1.3a. For Blu-ray, I am using surround speakers.
I will check Yami to see whether it accepts sub input as one of multi channel input to it. If so and if with 'Pure direct' it passes the signal to sub woofer, then that would a good option. I will report back my finding later.......
I mostly use (95%) 51FD for 2-ch audio play back as I really love that analog type re-production. Thanks to Wrinklefree for the Q&A post (few pages back) and that inspired me to configure 51FD differently and try it out. Below is my experience. Components : Pioneer 51FD Blu ray player Yamaha V-1800 receiver Pioneer PRO-111FD TV B&W 683 L & R speakers B&W HTM61 Center ...