or Connect

Posts by satiger

I received A35 from VE yesterday and played Planet Earth (HD-DVD) and really like its performance. Also, played a cartoon movie (SD-DVD) for my daughter and could see the difference from my other two DVD players. However, I do have quick questions to those own A35. There are couple of setting in the menu where one to select Film/Video or Auto. Other one is to select 1080p/1080p24 etc. I choose Auto and 1080p24. Is this the correct setting for optimum performace for HD...
Yes, I did. According to Robert of VE, it should be available for pickup in second week of Oct. Can't wait to see Plant Earth
Is there any firmware updates available for XBR2/3 series to upgrade HDMI to 1.3?. Also to support 24fps. I know that recently Toshiba released firmware for their second generation HD player to upgrade HDMI to 1.3.
That's a good catch & point. I also tend to believe A35 could use 2010.
Can some one please clarify couple of my qusetions?. 1. If I have 1080p upscale receiver (like V1800 or 3800 which upscales upto 1080p), can I connect that receiver to TV with HDMI by bypassing the video signal scaling and allow the video signal to reach TV in original format?. The reason being that I have Sony XBR which is full HD (1080p) don't want the receiver to handle scaling. 2. If I have non-1080p upscale receiver (like V2700) and full HD content, will it down...
I am considering buying this unit. Can it be used to record shows without using TVGOS ?. Appreciate your response.
Please post the pictures of the install?. Where did you buy the wall mount?.
[quote=rconn2]Wow.... is this the misinformation thread? ;) DVI can carry 1080p @60... I'm looking at my V2500 using a DVI output to a DVI to HDMI cable now. DVI is fully compatible with HDMI. And I don't know what is meant by compressed format... the video signals are the same. Thus a DVI to HDMI cable works just fine. Whewwwwww.... QUOTE] Please refer to the link I provided earlier - fyi Silicon Image is a founder of HDMI stds. If wants to know about DVI...
Quote: Originally Posted by snowmoon FALSE on BOTH accounts. DVI ( single-link ) cables can not carry 1080p60, but all HDMI should be able to. hmmmmm.......... I am not sure where you found that all HDMI can support 1080P. Please refer to HDMI manufaturers specification on their cable and see how many of the cables are currently supporting native 1080P. http://www.siliconimage.com/technologies/hdmi.aspx "....Developed by Sony, Hitachi,...
Eventhough DVI and HDMI are both digital, DVI is compress format and HDMI is uncompress format. Theoretically, one should see better picture using HDMI. However not all HDMI cables support 1080P. When I was on the market for HDMI and did a search to find that there are only handful of them currently supports 1080P and most of them are available from UK. So, I decided to go with Monster but bought is at ebay for 1/3 of the price. If makes any difference over other...