or Connect

Posts by unionmade

They've got an e-bay site with decent feedback. Not sure if the prices are the same. Looks like you know this, but the denon site has a list of authorized refurb dealers. Might make sense to check them all out for best price. I've bought from j&r, overstock and ecost in the past (although not av equipment) and would say all are fine.
I'm still trying to wrap my head around all of the various options for a receiver, and as my budget goes up, the options keep growing. Lots of folks here seem to like the Pioneer Elite series. It seems that I can get a VSX-74Txvi for about the same price that I can get a VSX-82Tsx. From my limited knowledge, the 82 is a more recent version? Comparing them on the Pioneer website indicates that the 82 has a Faroudga scaler while the 74 does not. The 74 description also...
Quote: Originally Posted by ranster I struggled with the same decision and picked the Onkyo 604. Thought about the 674, but I didn't need the transcoding feature. I figure that I'll probably want to upgrade in a few years (will probably need 4 or 5 hdmi INs someday), so I should probably keep it under $500. I've had Onkyos for years and have only had 1 problem (but it was a re-furb with no warranty). I hope to get it tomorrow!!! Good...
Hi all, I'm putting together a home theater for my new condo, and I'm having the most trouble with picking a receiver. I'm a total noob, and have been lurking for about a week trying to figure stuff out. I'm pretty much set on everthing else: TV: Panasonic TH-50PX60U speakers: Orbaudio dvd: Oppo My question is what receiver to get. It seems to me I want HDMI, since the TV has it, and once I get this, it's gotta last. I've pretty much narrowed it down to...
Hi Gillest, I'm in the same boat (this is my first post). As far as I can tell, the price of the Pioneer and the Onkyo are only similar if I get the Pioneer from an unauthorized source. Even then, I can get the Onkyo for $100 less ($550 v. $650) from a reputable online company. Since my room isn't that big, and I've already upped my budget considerably, I'm leaning towards the Onyko. But I'd love to hear what folks who have one or both have to say. The third...