or Connect

Posts by Nuieve

I have a Focupix screen, white 1.3 gain. I used the distance/gain calculator to buy the right size/gain screen. My room does have white-ish non-glossy textured ceiling, but otherwise the room is dark (dark brown non-reflective wallpaper, dark carpet). Throw distance is about 15ft. If anything, according to specs and calculator my PJ is TOO BRIGHT for 2D for that screen/distance. I think it actually has the PQ that is expected from a PJ in general... I mean, it's exactly...
I've had Optoma HD33 for over 2 years now. Been watching all movies on it exclusively. Didn't watch TVs anywhere else, actually. Recently bought some Westinghouse cheap LED TV and Coby LED for my other rooms, strictly for in-bed watching of TV shows... Somehow never tried to watch regular movies on them or even think to compare the quality. Was too tired tonight and decided to watch Hansel and Gretel on the Westinghouse in the bedroom, in bed. The movie looked fantastic....
I'm subscribed to effing Netflix which is my #1 source of all the movies I watch and since 90% of the discs are scratched to hell (I've never had a problem with a Redbox disc), I'm sick and tired of having movies freeze on my BDP220 (I had the same problem with another Panasonic BDK35, I think). Seems like if there's a microbe's poop on a disc, it will freeze. I'm very unhappy with Panasonic and would like to buy something hardcore like my gf's playstation, that thing...
I'm done with POS Panasonic players... This is my 3rd player, BDT220, I dont know why I keep buying this garbage... If the discs has as much as microbe poop speck on it, the movie will freeze... They don't even always play new BR right... Plays just fine on PS3, but I don't have it in my theater room, so I need a separate player. Any recommendations for a robust inexpensive player? I need something really basic, don't need any features at all, just good quality playback...
Unfortunately my screen is permanently built in and a part of living room extended design... which means I can't replace it. I can't paint the ceilings either... Tried playing with color gains... didn't do much to bring down the gap between bright and light scenes... Thanks for the suggestions, but I guess I'll just have to live with it.
I have no problems with dark scenes, blacks are excellent and all, balance is perfect. But any kind of light scene (like sky in the picture or bright window) and the image because very washed out, as if brightness being cranked up several notches. I can't get the balance right so that darker scenes look acceptably detailed and at the same time bright scenes look natural. If I turn down the brighness to make light scenes normal, the dark scenes become extremely dark and...
So is this thing dead? Any updates? Everybody gave up on them?
Why do ALL amp makers continue to use those stupid clamps and them cramp them almost on top of each other making a hook up process (you know, sticking wires into those tiny little holes and then tightening the clamp) a process requiring a brain surgeon's dexterity. I don't even have large fingers, but it took me about 10 minutes to hook up the speakers to those f_ktarded clamps. Am I the only one sick and tired of this BS? There is about one million ways to place these...
No, mine is set to standard in 2D and bright in 3D. Image AI is not used.
I can't find that feature in the menus. Where is it?To the next poster: I'm not sure about that iris thing.