or Connect

Posts by humbug2

Farmington Hills, fringe Winegard antenna. This is the third year in a row that 56.x signal has gone bad irregularly about this time of the year. In the past it has stayed that way until sometime in the Fall. Also 4.x has quality issues and variable strength like 85 to 25 to 85 in 30 seconds. This has been going on and off for at least two years. I do aim my antenna at the transmitters for best, not good, results. Interestingly CBC Windsor is near 90 degrees to the side...
Home Theater June page 28 (Coming Attractions): Black Stratolite Acoustic Tiles. I am thinking of using screws through these into existing white acoustic tiles and its backing to change the ceiling color of a room. I don't want to paint or do anything irreversible. Does anyone have experience with anything from Primacoustic? Or better ideas?
Do any of you wash your problem discs with your hands, hand soap and water? Recommended.
Clutter. Just slows down finding what you want. Maybe it made the OP feel important. Maybe just to greatly annoy me. Maybe I don't know why.
There are two factors I have never seen referenced in any review or comment. In my case the stereo system sounds decidedly dull, even somewhat muffled on a warm summer evening if the house humidity is very high. Conversely it is "clearer", livelier and yes, brighter on a very, very cold winter evening when the house humidity is low. Second observation time of day. I have recorded tv programs and played records for many years. Prior to Edison putting a new transformer...
I really don't understand why so many companies seem intent on driving away customers through poor customer support. Unhelpful and sometimes unintelligible call centers. Extortionate parts and service prices. And my favorite gripe is abominable documentation. Take a bow Denon. I had a 1993 Infinity Q. It came with a 2" thick service manual in addition to an extensive owner's manual. In todays world manufacturers could put their service and all other documents online at...
Read everything you can find on the internet about z-wave planning and installation. Pay attention to range limitations and attenuating factors. If your garage is unheated or detached you have more issues. Do you have a long ranch-style house? A large house? Think about living with scenes as opposed to controlling individual devices. Incremental network additions require multiple steps. Did I mention range issues? Don't think for a minute that you will actually have 30...
Same here. This seems to be a trend, at least for things I check out. When you consider cabling, some of which is too d*** stiff you need almost 2 ft. A deal killer for me.
Finally a product for me. Any considerations with using on a Radiance XS to a Sony Ruby (remember those?).
I was seriously into audio decades before video. When I auditioned projectors at several dealers my attention was frequently drawn to the action one place (e.g. a mouth...) and the sound coming from another (... two feet below their boots or the sky above). I have a Screen Research ClearPix CP-2 woven screen with the three front speakers behind it and approximately level. I only notice sonic discrepancies when they are in the source such as when watching a recent DVD...