or Connect

Posts by dannyz

After a few weeks of running a fan at the 805, the buzzing sound hasn't occurred again. However, today, I discovered that my extra cooling fan had stopped working and when I turned on the receiver I couldn't get any sound out of it at ALL. Nothing. Not even the test tone sounds. The 7 little boxes on the display are empty, telling me that the amplifier is completely shut off... ??? I did a factory reset, and unplugged for several hours, and still nothing. Is there anything...
There is a ton of room around the receiver. It just sits on my unfinished media room stage (plywood) and actually I have one of those Antec coolers on top of it with the 2 fans that pull air out and push it to the rear (which is completely open). I will put a spare cooling fan on it just to test the overheating theory and see how it goes. I've got a couple of those standalone USB powered adjustable speed fans that I can point down into the vents. I'll look into the factory...
Need help here. My 1 year old 805 is starting to go bad I'm afraid! After 30 minutes or so of watching TV or a movie from the PC, I get this super loud BUZZ sound from the speakers.. It happens for probably right at 1 full second, then all audio just shuts off completely! I can't even get the Test Tone audio to play! If I shut down the receiver for a few minutes, then turn it back on, it seems to be working fine again, but then after a few more minutes, all the audio shuts...
That's the problem with having to push down every channel all the time to every customer (what cable and dish have to do). You tune to the channels you want on your set top, but all those other channels you don't watch are still robbing bandwidth. IPTV solutions solve this problem by only pushing requested channels. And IGMP means that if more than 1 user in a house, or a neighborhood, or a city is requesting a certain IP stream, it just duplicates it and saves the...
Mark my words, as an xbmc user for 4 or 5 years now on my limited but useful Xbox, this will be THE media center of choice for the mac platform for years to come. There is absolutely nothing like xbmc out there. Now that is is being moved to more capable and extensible hardware, it will only get even better and gain more functionality. Right now, yes, it is very early, but a 0.1 release has been out for a few days now and it is already usable. www.osxbmc.com
Has anyone tried putting a subwoofer behind one of these screens, along with their front and center channel speakers? My first thought would be that it would rattle the screen too much, but I think real theaters have their subwoofers behind the screens and I just got my theater chairs in and positioned and I have far less room than I planned on having for a sub in the back of the room
After 4 months and two repair shops later, I have finally got my Mits 55511 back with 3 brand new tubes and a new convergence IC chip. Total cost was $1017 but it was paid for under my extended warranty. The reason it took 4 months, and this became painfully obvious, was because Fry's home office takes their sweet time approving any expensive repairs. They actually fired the first repair shop and took the TV to another shop (seemingly) hoping to get a cheaper diagnosis!...
So it would appear that the Yammy 1800 will be directly compared to the new Onkyo 875 model and the 2800 will be matched up against the 905. As I have yet to pull the trigger on the 875 I've been eyeing (that are just now becoming available), I may have to hold out a bit longer to see all the official details and release dates for these two products form Yamaha.
Look forward to seeing the new design Chris! One of these days I'll finally have my room painted and stage built.
The problem you described with Dish HD I believe is the Dish. I've noticed thsi lately on their HD streams, especially the NBA finals last week. Does it look like motion blur?