or Connect

Posts by gerryger

Actually I have the exact opposite problem. My player won't play any HD-DVD discs but it will play standard discs. This problem started with the latest Xbox upgrade.
I can definitely confirm that there are frame rate issues (slight stuttering) since the upgrade. It is very hard to detect at times, but where it is very apparent is when viewing the ESPN sports ticker. Especially with marquee scrolling text. It is not smooth at all. Very choppy. Like I mentioned in previous posts, I have my DVR connected to my AVR using 2 different methods. 1) using HDMI out from the DVR to the GTV, then to the AVR. 2) i also use the component out on...
Hey Chuck, I also had my system set at 1080P instead of auto prior to the update. However, after receiving my update, my picture setting did stay at 1080P. Not sure if it is a bug. I'm pretty sure you are using HDMI 1.3 cables. I ask that because I believe earlier versions of HDMI cables won't carry 1080P. If the HDMI cable is not 1.3 maybe the Sony box is reverting the picture rez to auto because it's not detecting an HDMI 1.3 presence. It's just a shot in the dark.
Quote: Originally Posted by drhil Also, has anyone noticed some frame rate issues since the update? Yesterday watching hockey on CSN HD and just now on NBC football I noticed some issues. They go away, but it's weird. Perhaps the box is doing some stuff in the background and it is effecting the "pass through" feed. I noticed it yesterday also. I first thought it may have been transmission problems from my OTA provider. It is very subtle, but...
Quote: Originally Posted by lagavulin16 i just installed this unit yesterday. Two questions: 1. The way i installed it is stb hdmi out to nsz-gt1 hdmi 1, nsz-gt1 hdmi 2 to receiver hdmi in, and receiver hdmi out to tv. Initially, the audio worked for the tv and pandora but not for the netflix app. Once i changed the pass-through options on the audio and video settings, the audio worked for the netflix app. As well. Is this the right way to connect...
Received my system update tonight. I finally am able to pass-thru 5.1 dolby from my DVR. Way to go SONY. To achieve this you have to turn it on in the Settings / Picture & Sound page. It does indicate that the 5.1 pass-thru is in BETA. I quickly glanced at the Netflix app and yes that has been improved also. I am very excited about these 2 upgrades. Now, if they back light the remote, fix the Pandora audio drop outs, and Google gives us some content then this...
This pertains to Avatar Bluray (the only DTS-HD Master I currently have) During playback of this movie whenever I hit Fn - 4 (movie info) the audio output would never say DTS-HD Master. It would just say DTS 5.1. I knew something was wrong. So I went into the SONY settings menu, then Picture and Sound, then BD audio mix setting. I changed that to "OFF" instead of "ON" Restarted movie and to my amazement I got DTS-HD-Master to show up as my output and it sounds...
Quote: Originally Posted by Dave Vaughn I'm shocked at how many "universal" AVR and Blu-ray remotes that aren't backlit. This case is even more egregious because an IR remote doesn't work either! In addition to the lack of IR compatibility this remote has a qwerty keypad which makes it revolutionary. Even more of a reason to have it backlit. I'll just add it to my list of headaches that come with being an early adopter.
As far as the problem with poor response of the thumb track pad I found that going into the settings menu and changing the speed of the thumb pad has greatly increased it's effectiveness. I am starting to get used to everything and despite many limitations I am probably going to keep it just due the fact that I did need a Bluray player and it has netflix built in. I was using xbox to get netflix before which requires a 50.00 membership to xbox live to allow access to...
For those who are hoping the HDMI 5.1 pass-thru issue will be resolved soon.....this may bring your hopes down. The following is an answer to my question from Sony Customer Support: My question: Does SONY plan on developing a software/hardware patch to allow the pass thru of 5.1 audio thru the HDMI cable when connecting a DVR/STB? Answer: As of now there are no software updates available to allow 5.1 channel audio through HDMI cable. I suggest that you bookmark...