or Connect

Posts by hwjohn

I can't quite make out everything in the pic, but it looks like everything is good with exception to your cyan and yellow secondaries. I think you can get the color decoding closer, but it isn't awful. Gamma and grayscale look good, which is a good start. You can trust your meter to get closer than you are on the Gamut and Color Decoder. You may be able to use the "Tint" control to affect the secondaries. There may also be individual controls for each color decoding...
Yes. 16 should blend with the background, you should not see it flash.First, don't rely solely on that pattern to set the white level, especially if you have a colorimeter. Ideally 235 and up would flash at your target contrast setting. This would indicate that you are passing Whiter than White signals through your display chain. This is desirable because it has been seen that current DVD's actually contain video information in that range.Try looking at the black level...
Also digital black is 16, not 17. The ideal situation for BD/DVD and most professionally mastered material on disc is to output 16-235 and calibrate the display device for that range.
man, u gotz to use some better english man, and describe your problem more better man, we dont know wut u talkin bout
I would call Sony. There could also be issues with video standards in Japan that would render the set useless regardless of the power issue.
See, even crack heads know not to use vivid.
I'm not a Pro calibrator, but I have learned from a lot of them and talked with a lot of them. The one thing that stands out about the really good ones is that they were hobbyists first who just love the job. Just like with anything else, you only get out what you put in. The guys who are just in it for some money are almost never as good as the guys who really enjoy it. I think a lot of calibrators start out the way you do. Once you have good equipment and master the...
Who got this dude's panties in a wad? Thanks for the lesson, Geek Squad Jedi.
You can find some free SD patterns in TomHuffman's stick thread at the top of this section. Also a good idea to read the sticky... has tons of good info.
Gamma determines how "fast" the display comes out of black. The value you that you see labeled as Gamma is actually an exponent that determines the "brightness" response curve. In other words, if you send a 10% "stimulus" (or signal) to the TV, and then send a 20% stimulus, the 20% will not produce a brightness level that is 2 times the 10%. What brightness it produces is defined by the Gamma. Higher gamma basically means that the TV comes out of black more slowly......