or Connect

Posts by dmatch

@etrin. What zip code are you using for your guide data? Where are you getting it? Schedules Direct? WMC? dmatch
Yes, I used mce2xml back when I had MCE 2005 when I was trying to build a "roll your own" TV guide and messing with MediaPortal (an open source media center very similar at the time to MCE 2005). The bottom line with me was that MediPortal was more complicated than MCE and the guide data was going to be the same. I don't generally care much for Microsoft applications but MCE 2005 and now WMC 7 work well enough for what they are intended for. Obviously, there is a weak...
You're welcome etrin.It sounds like you are talking about Schedules Direct's Zap2It (Tribune Media) listings. If so, I have been there and done that myself. The guide data you get will be the same that your WMC gets for free.I cranked up my WMC this morning to see what I was getting on it. Like you, I had "No Data Available" for the KKYK/KMYA pair (20.1 and 49.1). I didn't get KMYA (MeTV) until I did a "Scan for more Channels" in TV settings. I can't get all the low power...
ThisTV (16.2 - RF 30) is not there for me either. I can't get 38, it's too far and wrong direction for me to tell about 38.2. dmatch
I can't begin to guarantee I know exactly what's going on but this appears to be a combination of a complicated local DTV setup and the inability of Tribune Media Services (WMC data supplier) and/or Windows Media Center (WMC) to decipher the DTV configuration as implemented in the Little Rock area. There are multuple RF channels that carry the same stations with differing virtual channel IDs. That could create confusion when Tribune Media/WMC tries to create your WMC...
Windows Media Center uses Zap2It.com for the TV listings and channel mappings. They don't appear to have KMYA-DT (49-1 / RF 20-2) in their database. That is why you had to add it manually. The problem with mappings and listings (EPG) is due to WMC and their data supplier (Zap2It/Tribune). That channel maps fine on my TV.I think there is a lot of OTA that isn't crap.dmatch
Thanks for the numbers RockyF.Due to your high readings I assumed that there was still something wrong with my setup due to the Christmas snow storm and not stations at low power. I finally got around to changing virtually every connection including the 75 Ohm balun at the antenna. Still same results. So I dropped my large combo antenna down it's mast from 15' to about 4' off the ground to investigate it closer (got tired of flailing around on a ladder). Low and behold, my...
Hope everyone had as good a Christmas as possible. I would appreciate some signal quality checks from you guys. I've been all over my system since the Christmas night ice/snow storm, to no avail, trying to find what might be causing abnormally low signal quality on 7 (RF 22), 49 (RF 20), 42 (RF 44) and 16 (RF 30). The others I generally receive, 4 (RF 32), 2 (RF 7), 11 (RF 12) are as high as ever (80+ quality) while 7, 49, 42, and 16 are down 20-40 quality...
Wow, that took a long time. Does Dish have the 3 KETS sub-channels? dmatch
Nothing if not strange this thing called DTV. I've had the same kind of results before by just messing with stuff. Sometimes I guess the connections just get tired, go to sleep, and have to be woke up. BTW, RF 7 is the actual channel that virtual channel 2 (KETS-DT) is on. If your 7-4 is Arkansas Reading Services for the Blind then that's virtual channel is 2-4. Glad you got it sorted. dmatch