or Connect

Posts by Redoryx

K, you got me, I had my eyes closed for ALL of the source material. I took in my own music. Started with some WHO MADE WHO, then onto Money for Nothing....Guitar and drums are fantastic. 2 of the songs that really let the Imagines shine were HOT BLACk by Oceanship, and my all time fave. Soul to Squeeze RHCP. I found the Imagine T's better immersion to be honest. Soul to Squeeze was the difference maker. The Imagines just shined. Where as the T6's sounded muffled...
Personally, I preferred the Imagine T's over the T6. BOTH are great speakers, and not slagging one over the other. Hence, why I purchased the Imagines. When I auditioned, I sat blindfolded, the clarity of the Imagines was superior. I run mine probably 90 -10 movies to music. The sound immersion is great for me. I am also running Dual SVS PB12-NSD's and they have ALL the low end i need I posted a pic waaaayyyy back of my room when I was auditioning. Old PSB 400's,...
How old is your touch? I have a Gen 2 or 3. Download the controller app, and you can play your music through that. There are Music notes on the right hand of the screen. Press that and it should bring up your music.
I am running my full Imagines at 8ohm. No issues with my AVR, the loudest I can handle is -15, and that is very short term. Normal listening is between -32 and -28. Movies are usually -26 to -20. Amp is a yamaha RX-A2030, same volume was used with the RX-V1800.
I ended up getting a new package in early mid October. Set everything up except the AVR. I was having HDMI handshake issues and was waiting on new cables and adapters. I did set up all my speakers, ran YPAO on the 1800 and was enjoying them. Was using that setup for about 1 month.Since setting up the 2030, the speakers have a whole new dimension. Hard to really out into words, but my ears are really happy:DSo in essence, my guess is the amp.
Nice, I like that the S's are such a versatile surrounds. YPAO set my LCR and the S's to Large. Crossover for the front 3 was set at 40hz and the S's were set to 60hz. Went in after and set everything to small and 80. The newer YPAO kicks the snot out of the last gen. Then again, they have had 6 or 7 yrs to improve over the 1800:D
Civik, yes to all of the things mentioned. I was using the speakers with the 1800. I think the biggest difference is in the YPAO. As I do not have any other calibration equipment, the newer YPAO has done a much better job af analyzing my room. With the 1800, l could not adjust the sub level as much, and the readings were harder to understand. Now, after running it 5 times last night, the subs are dialed in at -.5db. Pretty great considering what I was dealing with...
Tonight, after a month of waiting, I have finally setup my 2030. What a difference between it and the RX-V1800 I was running. The YPAO is so much more intuitive and customizable. My new speakers sound fantastic. Better GUI, and easy to navigate menus. The only issue I have come across so far is AIRPLAY. My iPad does not show the airplay icon when playing music, but will show it for videos. .???? The only way to play music is to start a video and then switch it back to...
I finally found some time tonight and swapped out my AVR for the new one. If I thought the PSB's sounded good before, now they are amazing. A lot of it probably has to do with the new version of YPAO. Even still, all I want to do is crank anything and everything to see how these speakers sing
YPAO set mine to large as well. I am running an RX-V1800 at the moment...been too lazy to hook up the A2030. I went in and set them to small, things sound great to me....