or Connect

Posts by wiz561

I was wondering if anybody had updated information about this. I have a NR5007 that's about 3.5 years old. I've had PLENTY of room all around the receiver (it's on a wire rack shelf with lots of airflow around it), and I've had a large fan on top of it blowing cold air in AND it's located in the basement. Seriously, the receiver has been ice cold for years. It seems like on my HTPC HDMI input, sometimes I have to switch inputs back and forth in order to get the sound...
Hi! A few weeks ago, I wrote Onkyo support with this.... tl;dr unit clicks when breaks in digital stream. --- I have a NR5007 receiver and love it, except for when there's a break in the digital stream and the receiver clicks. This happens when I pause my DVR as well. The DVR is hooked up via HDMI to the receiver. If I disable the subwoofer, all is well and there are no more clicks...however, I then have no subwoofer. Another example is that if the stream is...
Thanks for the response. I did take out a tv stand that all the equipment was on. I'll try moving the speaker a little and redo it. Thanks!
Argh... Can a mod please move this to the subwoofer forum? Sorry, just saw the sticky.... thanks
Hi! I moved all my equipment downstairs and ran all new wires for the speakers. I went from 16awg(?) to 12 awg. The subwoofer already had RG6 run through the wall and to a faceplate. I was unable to replace this section of wire because of spray foam and heater vents, so I just used a RG6 barrel connector on the one piece and extended the cable to the receiver. There was probably about 6' of rg6 already there, and about 20' of what I added. I also used compression...
Yeah, I checked the manual and it said nothing about the white felt. I do remember reading somewhere that a 'paint shield' is included, but not sure if this was it or not. The idiots that installed the speakers didn't leave anything, or say anything about it. I had to go with an installer when the house was built, and they did a really bad job. Since I wasn't here to see what was in the box, it's making me think it was a paint shield too. I thought I'd ask here. ...
Hi! I have a couple of Klipsch Architechural R-3650 in-wall speakers. Behind the grill, there's a white felt sheet that covers the speaker. It's removable, but the question is...should you remove it? It's thicker than the usual cloth that covers the front of the speakers. It's probably about 1/8" thick felt. Not sure if it's there as a paint cover, or if it's just to cover the speaker for aesthetics. Thanks!
Shankrai - So much going on there. I'd recommend checking out the A/V Distribution forum for some of this stuff. If you can get up to the attic, you might want to look around to see if there are any wires up there, and where the wires go. They should also terminate somewhere in the house---maybe the basement. Maybe check that out too. If not, you might want to think about running new wires and a strategy for it. It took me about a month to walk around the house,...
Thanks all for the responses. I finally ended up getting it to work last night. I moved the IR blaster away from the receiver a little bit and it seemed to start recognizing it with irw. Rebooted and it works with XBMC now. I then swapped the single IR blaster (282D) with a dual one I bought (284D). It seemed like the 284D worked better than the single. I then stuck it right on the receiver and it still worked. Kind of strange that the 284D worked better than the...
Another question... Did you get it to work with RC6 with the ir blaster? I'm going through my configs, and it looks like lircd is using the config for rc6. This is the default xbmc config. Even though it doesn't have a 'rc6' sticker on it, I'm starting to think that it might be a rc6 remote. What did you end up using?