or Connect

Posts by dxernut

I have been getting WPGH on 43.1 43.2 also but the problem is 43.1 is not in high def. I e mailed engineering this evening, hopeing someone will fix the problem before the season premeire of "24" this coming Sunday!
Being in Heritage, you should be able to receive WFMJ,WKBN,WYTV with no problem. Try a roof antenna with a rotor If you don't already have one.With a Channel Master 4228 or a 91XG Antenna you should be able to receive some Pittsburgh Stations and at your location, if you have the antenna high enough , you should be able to receive some Cleveland stations.I got my Antenna thru "Antenna's Direct" very nice people to deal with and their antennas have a lifetime warrenty.I...
Buyers beware of Best Buy also. I purchased a 27" Samsung HDTV and ch 11 & 2 has frequent picture freezes. I know it has a week tuner , but best buy says there is nothing wrong with it.I also purchased a 27" SDTV "Orion" brand Tv from Wal Mart and it pulls in the digital stations better than the $650.00 set I bought from best buy. Also Wal mart's extended warrenty was only $17.88 for a 2 year extended warrenty. Best buy's was $59.00 but if they don't fix it what good is...
I had the same problem Bill, when I connected a CM 7777 amp to my antenna I lost several stations.Now I'm stuck with a new $65.00 amp that isn't any good to me. Will try to sell on E bay later for $50.00
Too bad can't increase power, because you have 2 very good stations there , and an excellant news cast with a beautiful new news set. I have received WFMJ-DT better in the summer with trees than now that they are are gone. I guess I'm in a multipath and the Pittsburgh stations are too strong.Also 2 streets up from me is a ham radio guy with about FIVE different ham radio antennas on his house,which probably ain't helping matters.I really was counting on better things to...
Thanks cddish for the information about too much preamp overload. What you said does make sence.
I would invest in an outdoor antenna,even better get a rotor with it. I live near Kennywood, and get great reception an all my Pgh stations , also wnpt Morgantown West Virginia PBS , WJAC WWCP WATM all coming from Johnstown,I sometimes get WFMJ-DT but 85% of the time it fades in and out. Hope that when Analog is history WFMJ wil increase their signal from 460KW to 1000.00KW and that will solve my problems. Good luck with your antenna experience.
Hello out there, I got into HDTV last spring. After mounting my 91XG Antenna and rotor to my chimney, I get all my Pittsburgh stations great! I first used a 5ft mast, then added another 5 ft mast length to receive my "goal" WFMJ-DT in Youngstown, Ohio. I'm 62.2 miles away from Y town according to Antenna web. I have gotten better reception with the shorter length of mast. After reading so much great reviews of the Channel Master 7777 preamp I decided after talking to the...