or Connect

Posts by Dukenightvision

I found out that the issue was my Motorola Signal Booster/AMP. I have my main cable feed connected to the signal booster and the signal booster is connected to a four-way splitter. I had the four splits attached to four USB TV tuners connected to my computer. In three years, I've never had a signal/recording issue with this configuration. When I received the DCX3400, I replaced one of the USB TV tuners with this unit. When I connected the fourth split to the DCX3400, I...
I'm still having this issue. I can't trust the unit to record the shows that I choose. The unit freezes when I schedule two Hi-Def shows to record at the same time. I don't know if it is a signal issue, a software issue, or that something is wrong with the hard drive. This is the second unit that I picked up and it has the same problems as the first. At times, the DCX3400 will show that a show is fully recorded (one hour), but when I try to play the show, only a few...
I'm having problems with my DCX3400. A few of my recordings won't play. I recorded a couple of programs this morning, but when I went to play them, I either received a blank screen or the first part of the recording plays and then freezes. This problem happened on a previous DCX3400 that I returned. For the first couple of weeks, all recordings played. Recordings that I made yesterday and later on today played fine. Only a few of recordings from this morning (back to...
Update 2: I decided to visit the local Comcast depot and exchange my two Thomson DTAs for two Pace DTAs. I hooked up the Pace DC50X DTAs and Closed Captions worked fine. Looks like the Thomson branded DTAs have a problem with showing closed captions. Other people on another board are reporting the same CC issues after hooking up a Thomson. The rep that helped me at the depot had no clue about the different manufacturers of DTAs. When I asked for two Pace DTAs to replace...
Update: I called Comcast today and informed the rep that I haven't received the two Pace DTAs that Comcast promised to send. I was supposed to receive them last Friday. The rep put me on hold and told me that there was a mix-up and that the boxes weren't sent. He wanted to send out a tech to my house to install two new DTAs. I explained to the rep that the original CC problem was possibly due to the brand of the box (Thomson) and that I wanted two Pace branded DTAs...
Thanks for the idea. I checked and it looks like the DTA doesn't have a CC function. The remote that I received for the DTA is very basic and doesn't have any CC capability. I called Comcast and asked them to send me a different brand DTA. I asked them to send me two Pace DTAs. I should receive them by Friday. Someone on another forum mentioned that he was having the same CC problem with the two Thomson DTAs that he received. He mentioned that the Thomson DTA may have a...
Hello, Any help would be appreciated. I just installed two Comcast DTA (Brand-Thomson) boxes and I'm having problems using closed captions. When I turn on closed captions (via original TV remotes) on each of my TVs, the captioned words are spelled incorrectly due to multiple letters appearing on screen. For example, the word "Effective" is spelled, EFEFFEFECTCTIVIVE. The word "Tank" is spelled TATANKNKS. This happens on both TVs. One is an Olivea 532H LCD HDTV and the...
I don't know if this is the right place, but I found a decent deal for this unit at Dell. Actually, I found this info at Slickdeals.net. Post from Slickdeals.net: "Hauppauge 1212 HD PVR High Definition Personal Video Recorder $165 Shipped @ Dell Dell is selling the Hauppauge HD PVR (Model 1212) for only $164.99 w/free shipping after the 25% off accessories coupon code. I think this is a record low for this item. For those of you who don't already know about this...
It's interesting reading these threads about computers rebooting. I've had pretty good luck using the Artec T14A, but I, too, have been experiencing the blue screen of death/rebooting issue on my computer ever since I installed it. It doesn't happen very often---about once every couple of weeks. My operating system is WinXP.
After you installed MCE on your new hard drive, did you go to Windows Update and install the latest files? It may be worth a try. I found the MCE setup guide for the Artec at zipzoomfly.com. You can download the manual here. Scroll down to page 17. I also found the following info at pcalchemy.com. "Includes Windows XP MCE(Media Center Edition) drivers, Enjoy Over the Air (OTA) HDTV on Windows XP Media Center Edition. NOTE: Windows® XP Media Center Edition...