or Connect

Posts by ajgoyt

Right on there website in big red letters All untis in stock. Shipping delays over the dates of 4-5 to 4-12 are possible due to trade show attendance.
My choices would be at $100 would be depending on the type of files (you didn't mention on that 2tb drive)Here is a pretty good reference of all media players on the market - past - present - http://www.iboum.com/net-media-players.phpMy choices............1. WD TV LIVE latest generation2. Boxee Box if you can find it cheap - might be $150 or (used)3. Dune HD TV series4. Netgear NeoTV 550 if you can find it...$200 or above....1. Dune Smart series - plays anything2. Mede8er...
nfmmalice, a few questions........ 1. You do not have a router? 2. I am assuming the 8 port switch in the backroom is being feed right from the modem? 3. And the Garage switch is being feed from the backroom? 4. The Backroom has to feed the Garage for it to work, So a port/cable from the Backroom switch to the (typical on Netgear - Last port 8th is the IN) on the Garage Switches 8th port IN, Then use the remaining 7 ports for your devices. Switches are always daisy...
Yes have experienced that same bug on full - never on lite, But I stream everything from a Unraid or Win7 machine.It probably wont hang if the file was connected to USB?AJ
Yes Plex transcodes see the link - http://wiki.plexapp.com/index.php/PlexNine_PMS_Overview#Overview
Anything New from Dune coming down the pipe Firmware/New Players etc, I have a D1 and all is ok, But I am still looking for better music and movie coverart support... I know about Zappati and Yadis etc been there, The ideal interface would be XBMC or Plex style right off of the player,, Been down the HTPC route before.... Your thoughts AJ
You could install Plex Server on your PC (ONLY IF YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING BELOW) You would still need some type of Apple product to push the stream to your ATV3 with AIRPLAY - It does work with the ATV3 I have tried it.... from an Iphone or IPAD2 and works good. I too, am waiting for the ATV3 jailbreak to happen, Then i could use either XBMC or Plex right off the ATV3.... AJ
NO - WD TV Live cannot play BluRay ISO From there site.......... File Formats Supported Video - AVI (Xvid, AVC, MPEG1/2/4), MPG/MPEG, VOB, MKV (h.264, x.264, AVC, MPEG1/2/4, VC-1), TS/TP/M2T (MPEG1/2/4, AVC, VC-1), MP4/MOV (MPEG4, h.264), M2TS, WMV9, FLV (h.264) Photo - JPEG, GIF, TIF/TIFF, BMP, PNG Audio - MP3, WAV/PCM/LPCM, WMA, AAC, FLAC, MKA, AIF/AIFF, OGG, Dolby Digital, DTS Playlist - PLS, M3U, WPL Subtitle - SRT, ASS, SSA, SUB, SMI Note: MPEG2 MP@HL up to...
Cat 5 is only rated for a max 300ft, I would take the advice of the last poster.
Plex is all u need