or Connect

Posts by steveny909

I'm experiencing the same problem. Would like to use HDMI and not DVI so that I can eventually watch Blu Ray movies via the PS3 and get 7.1 sound. Did anyone send their Westy back and get a one that works with HDMI and PS3?? Thanks
I know the PS3 is supposed to be one of the first pieces of equipment to use HDMI version 1.3. I believe our westinghouses use version 1.1. 1.3 is supposed to be backward compatible. I also think it's our TVs. I'd like to hear/see one success story with PS3 and LVM-42W2 at 1080p using HDMI. That would give me hope that it's just maybe firmware or a batch of faulty HDMI cards on some Westinghouses. ferricide, it works well, with HDMI to DVI cable, but like I...
Just went to BestBuy and picked up an HDMI to DVI cable. It only works in DVI2, not DVI1. What sucks though is that you need separate audio output. I'm not ready for 7.1 yet, but I plan on it. 7.1 won't work with out HDMI to HDMI. Is this a Westinghouse problem or a PS3 problem? Cause my HD8300 works with HDMI to my Westinghouse. Think it's HDMI 1.3 that's causing it?
I just got my PS3 and am having the same problem. Is getting an HDMI -> DVI cable going to lose signal quality or will it look just as good as HDMI 1080p? JoelTron, are you using the one of the cables from monoprice? Thanks
Wow Wow Wow! I can't tell you how many times I've googled an electronic problem or software problem hoping to find a solution. Rarely do you get a 'hit' like this thread. I own a 309 that I was getting ready to give up on. Instead I'm going to operate on it and bring it back to life. I too thought it was just mine. Goes to show you what the power of sharing can do. Will let you know how it turns out. Anyone else think that Kenwood should offer a recall? Sounds...
I'm in the same boat as you and asking myself the same question. Only difference with me is one side of my sectional is against a wall, but the other side is open with nothing behind it. Wanted 6.1 or 7.1 HITB but have no idea were to place speakers with TV caddy corner. Anyone have suggestions?