or Connect

Posts by Calilife17

Hey mantis quick Question. When do you think you will be able to update Page one with the new Cal-Day and Cal-Night settings. No rush, take your time, I am just curious. We all appreciate all the work you have been doing, and keep up all the great work.
the LN52A650 is an LCD, so ya, you shouldn't hear anything from that. How loud is the sound from the plasma. i have a 50C8000 and I can hear a faint buzz from about 8-10 feet away when the sound is mute, and even then sometimes don't hear it. But once there is sound, I don't hear anything. So the real question i think would be, how loud is the buzz you hear, and when do you hear it. if you get right up to the set, you will hear a slight buzz.
@tony6225, You might not say you are a Panny fanboy, yet you are on the samsung thread, talking up the Panny camp like you are getting paid. All I know is that if Panasonic wants me to spend atleast 1k more for their tv over my Current samsung Plasma. I dont want to read anywhere that the TV has floating blacks, even if you try and convince me that all of sudden after 2 weeks of reading people saying they have it, that people dont have it. Also Whether the blacks triple,...
Is there any menu option to see how many hours you have put on the TV. or is the only way through the Service Menu. If so, where under the service menu would it be. thanks.
What did you do to break in your set. Did you run it in Dynamic, movie, Cal-day? Also did you use slides, just watch normal HDTV? How many hours did you break it in for. thanks
Starting to break in my Set with the 120 slides on the website posted here earlier. (http://www.webapalooza.com/plasma/) Couple of questions. 1, is there any way to see how many hours you have put on the set besides going into the service menu. Like is there anything in the normal TV menu? and if not, where in the service menu it is (i know how to get into the menu). And 2, What would be best for break in slides. I picked the 120 slides version, thinking the more colors...
Perfect. Thanks again for all the help with me understanding this. One last question. How many hours would you suggest i run the break in slides for? 100 hours, 200 hours? should i try and not watch any TV while im in the break in process, and try and just do break in slides and thats it? I have been without a TV for awhile, so i can wait till my TV gets broken in. I would rather do it the right way then try and cut corners and get it done sooner. Sorry i guess that was...
So from my understanding from what you said, Breaking in a set is actually better for the TV vs just watching TV, as it stablelizes the phosphor more evenly then just watching TV. Watching TV would work, just take longer cause some phosphors might not get as much action as soon as others. That makes sense to me now, if i think of it like that (i hope is correct). So to that point, running in dynamic vs running it in movie mode should speed up the process cause the...
is there any advantage of doing break-in slides while running it on dynamic vs just watching normal HD tv and blu-rays on movie mode? does it just speed up the break in time when you do slides, like less time you will notice IR? or does it actually improve the picture down the road? I get my 50C8000 tomorrow and im a first time plasma owner. So i am just wondering why do break in mode vs just watch normal TV out of the box. And also is it better to do break in slides on...
is there any advantage of doing break-in slides while running it on dynamic vs just watching normal HD tv and blu-rays on movie mode? does it just speed up the break in time when you do slides, like less time you will notice IR? or does it actually improve the picture down the road? I get my 50C8000 tomorrow and im a first time plasma owner. So i am just wondering why do break in mode vs just watch normal TV out of the box. And also is it better to do break in slides on...