or Connect

Posts by montanaman

Yes, the shock is that it has not been surpassed / equalled. Makes one realize just how special and advanced they were...and the sadness that Pioneer quit making them. But yes a thread to make KURO owners feel good and everyone else to feel like big losers and worse yet...no way to be a winner because chances are very slim you can find one today and nothing else measures up.
This is to respond to the "directional buzz" and not the "all plasma's buzz" debate. I have a GT25 with the front/center buzz on high white scenes. From my understanding and research this is due to the T201 transformer mounted on the back power board and located almost right in the middle of the screen. I took the back off the TV and confirmed for my own issue. There is a thread that addresses this. For this problem, all that needs to happen is for Panasonic...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeipii Hi, My TX-P42G20E buzzess on two boards inside. When facing the tv from behind the buzzing boards are located about on top right corner and middle left. I suppose these boards don't have the kind of transformer people are talking in this thread? Is the buzzing transformer located in the center of the tv, approximatel there where the power cord goes? Where is it located? I'm considering sending my Panasonic to get...
Another option would be to replace the transformer T201. I did not look at the board that closely; probably need to solder. Sometimes components are of the plug-in type and thus do not need soldering. Replacing the entire power board would probably need a few voltage adjustments (there are two on the board). The Vsus and the Vda. The test points are also there, but I think you have to send the TV the proper pattern (probably 100% white) when setting the voltage. I...
Did some looking (Google). Adjusts Vsus voltage which is sent to the SCAN and SUSTAIN boards. (Don't want to change that unless it is off.) Will plan on the plastic frame.
Good to hear... I finally opened mine up and that transformer T201 does seem to be where the buzz is coming from (mine is heard when lots of white on screen, sitting in front at center of screen...exactly where T201 is located). I did not see a crack, the right side could not view due to the metal heatsink. Playing a bit with the transformer/frame I was able to reduce the buzz so I will try the plastic frame (have no cable ties yet). I noticed the frame does get hot, but...
Thanks for the feedback. The halo effect as discussed would be a real deal-breaker; hopefully it is not a common problem.
^^^ Nice post and the time/thought you put into it.
Quote: Originally Posted by dominique.wille GOOD NEWS Anyhow it works 100% at my home. Just a question mark on the long term of plastic. If it fails I will make a solid steel frame with pressure bolts. See you ! Don't know but if the frame of the transformer gets hot it could loosen the plastic frame; the cable ties could melt or stretch. Does the transformer frame get hot?
Quote: Originally Posted by 34HFX83 wow This thread should be turned into Sticky Thread! Agreed...especially if this becomes "the" fix for a number of Panasonic TV's. Anyone else looked into this? I have a 50GT25 with a buzz when screen is displaying a lot of white content. Can be heard over "normal" volume 10 feet away if my head is in the right place and especially if I turn my head to the side. Probably can live with it just have...