or Connect

Posts by montanaman

Might need to show great-grandchilren how to check hours so someday they can confirm the spec.
Thanks for that bodosom. Down the way if us and our Pioneers are still around maybe we can get some actual owner experience. These Pioneers are said to be well built. The power supply makes a real solid "click;" have not heard that in other brands Panasonic plasma and Samsung LCD that I have experienced. Pioneer did once have a problem with a power supply in one of their models, so these latest ones are probably their best effort. That "head of Pioneer display...
Looks like no tuner or speakers, but has an audio section so similar to the Kuro 500m. Considering street price close to Kuro 101 monitor. But also note the similar number to the Pioneer 5020. Panel looks very similar to Pioneer simple elegance but what is that "inner" bezel? Also, I prefer a rectangular stand but it really does not matter because you cannot see it much anyway. Probably closest to the Kuro follow-up from Panasonic. Can't wait to see Panasonic's...
Maybe for another thread, but consider that these panels are 60k for half-brightness; that does not mean throw them away at 60k, just reduced brightness. What is 10k? One year 365days x 24 hours is 8760 hours; that is almost 7 years never turned off. Only run 12 hours/day; good for 14 years. What, you only run 6 hours/day; that is 28 years to only half-brightness; someone could be watching this display for a LONG time. Personally if condition is good a few or even several...
Is everyone else just as confused on this as I am?? I may hold out for the new Pioneer Blu-Ray players if they are released in the US. The link in the "2010" thread to the French models has specs that state YT support...but will it be full YT with HD resolution option or some hampered version with limited content support. My take is that content streaming is a wide open market right now and many are scrambling to get their foot in the door. Might just have to wait...
Can't wait until next year with the 2011 models. This just has to play out in the long-run.
Thought it would be nice to purchase one of the "little box" content streamers to watch YouTube on an HDTV. Thought simple, but found a jungle mess in searching the threads! Is there a box to accomplish this seemingly simple task? Seems like YouTube has exiled themselves from the content streamers. I did have a Panasonic HDTV that could stream YT, but it had limited content. Has anyone followed this and know what in the world is going on??
A member posted this link in another thread to Scott Wilkinson's podcast with Josh Kairoff (Thanks Tony, great find). http://twit.tv/htg13 Also, http://www.linkedin.com/pub/josh-kairoff/0/439/740 The first half is very good; they talk Pioneer, Panasonic rising blacks, the AVS Forum, and general plasma. The second half gets much more technical. Some random quips: Josh: I recently bought a new 60" plasma for a great price, an LG; I got it for a great price, it...
Could be, seems to me both numbers have been used. Even still, 10k hours, just getting warmed up. I know these are plasmas and not cars, but what is 10-20k on a plasma that will (hopefully) last 100k? I suppose decreased brightness is the big factor, but I do not see that as a negative; I am one of the few (oddballs) that think the 500m is pretty dern bright! Compared to a Panny X1 I have, I would guesstimate the Pioneer to be capable of 2-3 times brighter. Also, no...
Is the little red light on...if not a good indication of no power getting to the unit. You could try cycling the power switch on left side, also right side as well. If no power to the unit, could be an internal fuse on the power supply board. This would be an easy fix except the work of opening it up. Most techs could handle a simple fuse replacement, would not need an authorized repair center, or you could do if comfortable. Also, check that the power cord...