or Connect

Posts by krinkle

REALLY appreciate this.Going with Panasonic 65" Plasma, will move it into a bedroom next December and hopefully a 4k PJ into the theater.Best!
What is the best fill in for a ~very~ large dedicated theater room while I wait for 4K native projector prices to drop, and more models to become available with HDMI 2.0?Something that could hopefully be put in another room after a year or so?(see my post 4792 for full description above, might be tldr though).Thanks!
-or- should i go ahead and put a VPL-HW55ES in the room even though i know I will only use it for a year and it cannot be moved to another room of the house? really leaning towards a fixed LED for the room to fill in until things like the VPL-VW1100ES are available for $10k instead of $30k - which I expect we will see close to this with HDMI 2.0 from Panasonic or Mitsu or JVC 12 months from now for $10k or less. I will wait a year for that. Is there a 80" 1080P with...
I need advice. I am waiting to upgrade my new home theater room until I can get all HDMI 2.0 components and 4K HDMI 2.0 projector. In the meantime (probably for a year) I need a new HDTV to work in the room. Our new house is going to have a HUGE home theater room that is literally like a church hall, very long (35 feet long, 18 feet wide), very high ceiling (18 foot cathedral ceiling), it is on the second floor above an entire oversize 3-car garage. The theater already...
When will we see version 2 (HMZ-T2) version that fixes the issues? I'm looking for: 1) half the weight 2) half the size (so you don't have that idiot looking visor prong sticking 6 inches off your face) Improved screen size perception (200" ?) and advanced motion tracking for more VR applications would not hurt either. Oh - I am willing to pay $5,000.00 NOW for a set of glasses that is indistinguishable from thick sunglasses but performs like the...
I had the same decision - but I was between the Yamaha 3010 and the SC-57.The German tests of the D3 AMPS simply showed they were cleaner at higher wattage running a lot of channels.The IPAD2 app is much better than the Yamaha one.It supports Airplay (Yamaha does not at all! - also Pioneer has the best Airplay available, superior even to the DENON implementation).I am VERY happy with my SC-57.YMMY. Some people may need some adjustment to the Class D amps - they are...
After tuning everything in I am VERY VERY happy with the SC-57. ONE PROBLEM - NO SCREEN OVERLAY. I mean what century is this Pioneer? Set-up: SC-57 Ascend Acoustics Sierras and CMT-340s for with HSU Research 12" for 7.1 PS3 #1 PS3 Slim #2 XBOX 360 Elite (first to have HDMI LOL) OPPO BD player (looking to upgrade to Pioneer Elite BDP-94 this year upon release so both can be controlled with IPAD2) Panasonic PT-AE7000U FPJ Da-Lite 2.8 gain Hi Power 160"...
already rockin the HTPC. I like to have a high end dedicated BD player. I am upgrading everything, why not this as well? Have had an OPPO, but it is time to upgrade!! The BDP-94 is attractive because the Ipad2 APP will control the AV SC-57 and the BDP-54 - kind of nice IMHO. However don't think it is available - actually it is hard to find a high end 3D dedicated BD player that is not OPPO now. Maybe DENON but DENON prices are silly - $5k for a DENON BD player? - no...
I've been enjoying this 7000 for 2 weeks, it is amazing, visually striking improvement on both the AE-3000 and AE-4000. Better than the best Epson 8700UB blacks. Playing a game right now on the PS3 #2 at 160" and loving it in 3D. Although it is this weird game "Catherine" not sure if I am liking it - Japanese make some strange stuff - occult mixed with anime mixed with boobs LOL Its sad to see so many people have an unreasoning prejudice against the best...
I have owned Mistubishi, Sony, Panasonic, Epson, Infocus and JVC projectors.I have seen frame interpolation before.However the PT-AE7000 frame interpolation WORKS IN 3D MODE. AND... it works at 480HZ!!Yep. see here ladies and gents - http://panasonic.net/avc/projector/c...T-AE7000G1.pdfThe ANSI contrast on a single image is just stunning, this thing PPs in 2D, and with frame interpolation on mode 3 - has the cleanest, steadiest 3D I have seen other than DLP. The mode 3...