or Connect

Posts by CornDwg01

As the OP, seven months later, I figured it was time for an update. I cut off my Directv about 3 weeks ago! Here's what I did: First I bought a couple of roof-mount antennas, (they have to point almost 180 degrees to get all four of The Big Four networks so I needed two different ones.) Then I purchased a HD HomeRun dual tuner. I picked up a used Core2Duo PC, put a $25 video card in it (for HDMI out) and hooked up the HD Homerun to it. That became my main DVR rig...
First I tried watching some downloaded TV shows in MKV/MPG/M2TS that were H264/Divx through the 360 and using WMC-Vista and it couldn't play any of them. I later tried using WMC-WIndows 7 off my laptop and that worked. My only minor concern now is fast forwarding and rewinding seemed a little buggy and the video would crash when trying to RW or FF with the M2Ts file. My next test was trying to use My Movies to watch a DVD-ISO on the Xbox. I had to sign up for the 21...
My current setup is two DirecTV HD-DVRs and the Directv whole home service. I love this setup for TV watching. I have one DVR hooked up to main living room plasma. The other DVR is in the theater, hooked up to the receiver/projector via HDMI and also ran to my bedroom TV via component. I also currently have one Xbox 360 and one Panasonic bluray player hooked up only to the projector. That being said, I'm considering cord cutting...or dish ditching. I've been doing...
I used this mount from Amazon, my buddy uses one too and we have the same one at work, all with the Pro8200. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000TUDOQ8/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1356482566&sr=8-1&pi=SL75 I built my own screen using a piece of the Hardy whiteboard - $15 from Lowes. I added a border and painted it with some overpriced Sherwin Williams paint. There's a major projector site that calculates your throw distance and all that for you. Just Google "projector calculator"
I recently started reading about the iRule software that allows you to use your iOS or Android device as a fully custom universal remote. I've pretty much got my plan for my A/V equipment figured out. (Acer Iconia A500/iPhone to a GC100-12 to my Directv, plasma, projector Denon receiver, etc.) I'd like to also be able to start adding some HA "tweaks" to my house and be able to control it all with the iRule system. Specifically, I have several ceiling fans and lights...
675 hours on my pro8200 and I've loved every minute of it! I'm using it with a DIY 98" screen on the Hardy whiteboard ($14 from Lowes) painted with Sherwin Williams paint - I think it was called Something "Ice" So far I've talked one friend into buying one for his house and he also bought one for our work. You can't beat these projectors! Anyway, quick question, has anyone been able to program their Directv remote to power on/off the Pro8200? I tried all the 8-10...
It could also be the cable. Others have had issues with cables and this projector. I found out, in short, it's kind of picky when it comes to cables. I bought a 25' HDMI from Amazon, Aurum brand or something. I got unwatchable flickers, etc. Yet, with the same cable hooked to my plasma, it worked perfectly. I returned the Amazon cable and went with a 15' 24ga Monoprice cable. I haven't had any issues with it.
I am/was pretty much in that same boat. I'm projecting on an unpainted Thrify whiteboard right now, haven't touched any settings on the projector, and grin from ear to ear every time I turn it on!
PB, I tried sending you a PM, but your mailbox is full...I'm using thrifty whiteboard as my substrate. I still, 100% plan on going with RS-MaxxMudd LL paint mix eventually. I'm planning a Daytona 500 viewing party the last weekend in February and am not sure I'll have the time or funds to have the screen painted by then (with the MaxxMudd.). Can you recommend a quickie paint I can spray on to get me by? Of course, it needs to be something that will eventually act as a...
That's pretty much what I figured, but I thought I would ask anyway. So reebok, do you have a 16:9 screen or a 2.35:1 screen?