or Connect

Posts by nomad139

Thanks for the feedback on this thread. I ended up getting the Viewsonic Pro8200 that I was able to pick up 'nearly new' & I REALLY like it! It throws a great picture, and is definitely brighter than my old Sharp. It's nice to leave the light on for TV and still have a vibrant image! Thanks for the help!
So, I am back in the market for a low-cost projector. As with most people, trying to get the biggest bang for the buck. I have a darkened area in my basement - no windows and completely controlled lighting. I will usually be watching sports or movies.but... my kids play PS3 games and enjoy having friends over for movie nights & gaming nights, usually with ambient light to keep the mood 'social'. So, here's my concern: I really loved the picture quality of my Sharp...
Hit-Girl was definitely the one that jumped out when I first thought about it.
Okay, maybe I'm the only one, since I have zero background on anything about this movie... Every time I see the title, I think of the Noah Wyle character from the television show ER. It just makes everything else seem laughable. My apologies to any true fans of where this idea was born. My 2 cents only...
The general consensus is that you get what you pay for when it comes to lamps. I have bought a cheapo lamp in the past and won't do it again, but I have also bought an OEM bulb in non-OEM housing and it lasted much longer. Having said that, the longest lasting lamp was the one I bought that was 100% produced by the original manufacturer (big shock, right!). What projector are you looking to put a new lamp into?
Good food for thought here! Now I just need to figure out what I am going to do... Nice to have so many good options at or under $1K.
Once again, thanks for the diverse opinions! You guys are great. My biggest fear is stephrich1's experience, so maybe I need to proceed with a new PJ. Both my projectors have been DLP units (the other was a Mits HD1000), but I am open to LCD. The 6500UB for under $1K sounds pretty darn good. I was also thinking of the Benq W700 for closer to half that price, or even the refurb Epson 705 for under half the cost of the 6500UB. Given that my DT-500 was one of the...
Thanks for the replies. I am leaning toward keeping what I have, but I would love to hear from a few more folks.
I originally posted this in another thread, but thought I'd post my own question... I am struggling with replacing the bulb vs. upgrading to a newer 720p model. The DT-500 has been great for me. Does anybody have thoughts on making a "lateral move" vs buying a new bulb? I love the PJ but I don't want to put too much money into a model that is now 5 years old and has many hours on the parts (colorwheel). Thoughts??? Thanks!
Not to hijack the thread, but I just had the bulb go on my Sharp DT-500. So sad... I am struggling with replacing the bulb vs. upgrading to a newer 720p model. I know the DT-500 has been great for me. Does anybody have thoughts on making a "lateral move" vs buying a new bulb? I love the PJ but I don't want to put too much money into a model that is now 5 years old and has many hours on the parts (colorwheel). Thoughts???