or Connect

Posts by soupnuts

About the IR issue I was having a few posts back, that's not a problem anymore. Anytime I've been gaming or whatever for to long and notice it I run the break in images overnight and it's gone the next day. Nut I have a new question. Anybody have any advice for using this as a computer monitor. Won't be a regular thing but trying it out now with laptop hooked up to it via HDMI and I can't get it just right. The manual says the recommended res setting is 1360x768, If...
Did you know as of last month you can stream Netflix through the PS3, granted the 360's interface was slightly nicer looking, but PS3 version should be getting a proper update before too long. I prefer using the PS3 more as a media extender also. The only reason I kept my 360 was for netflix, but once the playstation started doing it, it's not even hooked up anymore. (If it was a newer one with the HDMi output, maybe I would still use it, but that coupled with the fact I...
What do I have to do to get this to work through a thumbdrive plugged into my PS3, tried all of the different file types and none work. Only one that does anything is the video_TS one, it shows about 32 files each one 44 minutes long but when I set one to play it runs for about 4 seconds flashing all the colors once then stops. UPDATE- Not sure what to do to make this work. I've burned it to a dvd, plays fine on the computer but PS3 doesn't recognize the disc, (I've...
I take it back, during a bright scene I noticed some IR last night. Ran the screen wash thing for about 2 hours, watched some regular tv for a bit then had it off all night, now in the morning I'm running the wash again. Looks like it's faded some but can still see it, the ir is from a game I havent played in 3 days. At what time period is it no longer ir and considered burn in?
Makes sense, when I was comparing it to my 820, I didn't realize there was a 2 year difference between them, (thought it was same year model with maybe 1 less input or something). The 820 accepts everything through HDMI.
I didn't really do any break in either, only had the set for a few days now and jumped striaght in with Stereomandans settings. When watching tv and there's a static logo I adjust it off screen, but the kids have spent a couple of hours playing the new Wii Mario and I've spent a few hours playing burnout paradise on ps3, both have static images and I havent seen any ir at all.
I've got a STR-DG820, not sure what the difference between that and the 800 is but everything works fine. Have the PS3 and my hd/dvr box HDMI's to the receiver and 1 hdmi out to tv, no issues. Also have the WII hooked up though the receiver, it's hooked into the rca jacks with one output to the tv, it won't output that throught the hdmi cable. As far as quality, I have no issues. It sounds better than the 2001 pioneer it replaced. It may be less actuall wattage than...
Unless you have the money to just throw around, on a 50" sitting 13 feet back I would just go with a 720P. My viewing distance is 12' and I just replaced a 1080P with a 720 and am happier.
So I've been an lcd guy for a couple of years, between monitors and tv's. Last week I decided it was time for an upgrade so I opted for a 47" 1080P LCD, I was happy with it. Then at work I start reading a 2 month old playstation magazine article about how the game "Avatar" can be played in 3d. So I start researching 3d enabled sets. Then I find out that the Samsung PN**a/b450's are 3d enabled, pretty much the only sets under $1k. I had never considered plasma's, you know,...
Instead of burning to a disc, can I put it on a usb stick plugged into my ps3 and run it from there?