or Connect

Posts by jedimastergrant

I believe those are the optional trays you can order from Roman with his chairs. Maybe he will correct me though. I have a friend with those and I think they are quite nice. I almost went with those chairs and was planning to have that option as well.
I am also looking for a solution. Currently have the Xbox One in the room. It is the only component in the room and sticks out like a sore thumb. I need a LONG usb 3.0 extender with the proprietary connections. I have considered just rack mounting the One. The rack is outside the room. This would mean I could not use voice commands. I do think the voice command is a cool trick (when it works). I am not sold on motion controls at this point but for the occasional...
If you are an EQ master then it may be unnecessary. Most people do not have advanced EQ experience. Glad to hear it is not an issue for you.Regarding the sealed to ported change. If single digits were not perceptible then it makes perfect sense to me. And if eight 18'' LMS sealed drivers don't get you to meaningful ULF output then it is hard to imagine what would. I have been thinking lately about just how many dB's it really takes in an average sized room to be able...
Congrats Rob! I second the idea of going ported if it means getting more output in the frequencies that matter most while protecting those top tier LMS drivers. You may have answered this already but do you find yourself secretly missing the single digit Hz effect or are you too busy being pummeled to even care? Do you notice any difference in the sound with the center channel? Is it a timbre match? Any issues with panning scenes? Were you able to audition the JBL's...
I love the shots of the acoustic treatments on the walls. Very cool. You are so close to the finish line. I hope you are planning to host a GTG! Just very well done. And man you know how to take some great pictures. All mine came out looking like dog poo poo by comparison!
It looks like he has the QSC DSP 30.I am sure he can fill in more details if he checks the thread again.Erskine Group commonly utilizes DSP from QSC. Shawn also packs quite a bit of expensive calibration equipment as you can see in the photos.Great theater sig3. Now enjoy it!
I agree with the decision to go with a minimalist design in a small space. Keep it clean and free of columns etc. I did something like this in my 15x19 space and I would not want it to look any smaller. The shot of the mirrors by the movie collection is very cool. It took me a moment to orient myself. "Tight budget" is all relative. Something tells me that an individual with a 14,000 strong movie collection has what I would call a "healthy budget". Let's see 14,000...
After living with my room for awhile I agree with Big. You will want a way to put your feet up. Go for theater recliners in the front row. And make sure the head rest is absolutely perfect for you to see the screen while reclined. You may need to buy something with adjustable head rest. I have electric recline and while not a necessity I will say it is very nice to be able to dial in everything to the millimeter. In short I would never go back to manual...
Do you mean that there is no ventilation period in the room? Or just that you did not add a cooling duct? Was there existing supply and return vents in the room?If there is zero cooling the room will probably eventually get hot depending on how many people are watching and how hot your projector is. I am not terribly familiar with your climate. I can tell you that my room can get hot after a couple of hours even in the middle of the winter when it is 20-30 F on the...
Do yourself a favor and read The Hobbit. It is a very short book written for a younger audience. It won't take you long and you could end up enjoying yourself quite a bit.The Hobbit takes place before The Lord of the Rings btw so you don't need to watch those first. I would however watch An Unexpected Journey before you watch The Desolation of Smaug.And if you take any pleasure in reading The Hobbit then you are in luck because The Lord of the Rings trilogy will blow...